Original topic:

Where is the Android 13/One UI 5 Update for S22 series in Canada

(Topic created on: 11-09-2022 01:24 PM)
frustratedsw
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Seems most of the world have already received the new update, for at least unlocked devices. Wonder why Canada is always one of the last.

Samsung, can you respond? We pay premiums for flagship like the S22 Ultra and have to lag behind the rest of the world?
15 Comments
samy2022
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
The s22 series were supposed to get Android 13 on November 5, but was delayed for unknown reasons. The new release date is actually November 21Screenshot_20221109_125944_Samsung Internet.jpg
frustratedsw
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
This I believe is for locked devices such that from Fido. My gripe is why unlocked devices that should be purely within Samsung domain has not received this OTA.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

There's no such thing as a "locked" device in Canada since December 2017. 

Once you insert your Carrier's SIM, it will get that Carrier's features.. AND Bloat, but it is NOT Locked to that Carrier. 

Gibbsy82
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm a S22 ultra owner and I asked Fido this morning when will the Samsung OneUI 5 be released from Fido...she said she does not know.
This needs the intervention of Samsung.
0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Good luck getting a answer from the moderators1668020560997.gif
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Or their sycophants...
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Samsung Canada, IS the reason why One UI V5.0 has not been released yet. The Canadian Carriers are NOT the ones who release ANY OTAs. They ALWAYS come from Samsung's servers... So you are asking the wrong place for "intervention". 

ReigmArmy
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Not till late November
0 Likes
pjtango
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Nearly every major country got the update except Canada, this is so unfortunate tbh, very disheartening. Samsung is always ready to roll out their devices on time but when it comes to software rollout they skip Canada until later date. As a loyal customer who has been using samsung since last 10 years, I'm simply enraged