Original topic:

Why is Facebook a system app!?

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 05:11 PM)
Mo31
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Who else agrees it's extremely stupid and manipulative of samsung to make a social media app a system app?
I'm not asking for an answer to how to remove it completely because others already wrote that, but just complaining of how f**ked it is. Especially that more than 90% of users don't know how to root their phones or whatever to remove it. Samsung, if you're reading this, f*ck you. 
61 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

This is a long standing and many times discussed on here problem that is absolutely on most devices. There is no way to uninstall it

Not sure how our great ambassator  and moderator don't know that it exists. Makes you wonder how positions are given??

Mo31
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
yeah i was surprised too that the moderator acted like they've never heard of it before. With a quick search just here, i found many posts raising the same issue, going years back. Money controls them too I guess 😕
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
There's a way!
0 Likes
GaryD
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Tell us then because my last 3 samsungs have been the ssme
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
The main issue is greed. Facebook is loosing popularity and likely FB paid samsung lot of money to make FB a default app that the user can't unistall.
Mo31
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Of course. Corporations profit at our expense. Typical. And the moderators here are obviously in on it too, acting all surprised over a years old problem 🙄
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Yup your right. Samsung has no real reason to show ads other then to make more money.
0 Likes
67kl
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Even Amazon and netflix is preinstalled and can't be uninstalled. Hate when they try to force these unwanted giants down our throats....
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
uninstall it can.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Mo31,
Thanks for sharing the model number and Facebook app details image. Please note that Facebook is not a default system app on Samsung Canada devices. It can be installed from the play store. The features and specifications of the device may vary from one country to another country.
As per your device model number, it is not a Samsung Canada device. The model number of the Samsung Canada device ends with "W" like SM-G965W.
Here is the user manual link for the Samsung Canada device(SM-G965W): https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202005/20200506140350691/G96X_UG_CA_QQ_ENG_D3.pdf
You can find the default apps and features on page no: 2(Apps and features).

0 Likes