Original topic:

Wi-Fi, IP Adress & name S9+

(Topic created on: 02-04-2020 07:58 AM)
JMIKE
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
I received a new Bell router as my home router... as I was configuring the router finding which devices is which on the Wi-Fi network... The weirdest thing happened as my S9+ is showing under 2 different names but same IP address. Should I be worried?  Do I have a unknown host? Am I being **bleep**? My device was purchased brand new from a Telus store. I did a restore from my s7+... that would be it. If anyone could provide me with an answer... would be greatly appreciated. 
Regards.
0 Likes
6 Comments
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
what's names is it showing up as, and did you rename your phone at any point?
0 Likes
JMIKE
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I did renamed my device and that is not the name showing. the first unknown name is Windows and the second name is macasa... I'm still scratching my head...
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Just block the unknown device. Then you'll know which device it is.
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Is it a dual band router? This could be why your seeing double 😉
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
does the S9 have that 'link to windows' option baked in? if so, it might have something to do with that. I cant think of any other reason why your device would register as windows...(unless you named your device 'Windows' ofcourse)
0 Likes
JMIKE
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
here's the funny part... the device name is not either of those showing of the router. To make the matter worst... when I block either or of the unknown names... it blocks my device... 🙄
0 Likes