Original topic:

wifi calling

(Topic created on: 08-11-2018 11:23 AM)
reet
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Does we need a specific authentication from our carrier provider in order to enable wifi calling ? i was trying to find an option to enable it but unsuccessful. I talked to my carrier provider "Fido" about enabling it but they want product to be bought from them. its no point even with unlocked cell phone, still i cant enable wifi calling option. is it possible to update carrier settings so that it automatically registers my mac address on their servers for enabling wifi call ??
0 Likes
16 Comments
reet
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
yup, they want us to purchase device from them , then you can enjoy wifi calling as they had different carrier policies. 😥😫

thanks though for info.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
That won't work
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Bell Canada WiFi calling set up walk through.

No, it isn't available for a Samsung Note 8.

http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Rate_plans_features/I-have-questions-about-using-Wi-Fi-Calling
0 Likes
zxaz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
have to deal with that......fido/rogers sale the same phone ..but because we dont buy the phone from them they punish people who buy from samsung.....they will simply not provisionne ims...😤 there is lot of complain....samsung you gonna have to stand from these greedy provider...

apple stand in front of them...and all iphone are provisionned...

for now i moved to virgin/bell....they dont care if your phone is from them or not...you will be provisionned....for now on the s9 they have volte/video call....but they are far behind fido/rogers for the number of supported device....the s9 is still not supported for wifi calling....the phone is almost 6 month old......🙄
0 Likes
reet
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
agree with you @Zxaz samsung must take some action against them their is no point of giving a feature if we cant have access to it.
0 Likes
zxaz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
yup...exactly....on samsung store i've paid over $1300 to come at the end with no IMS provisionned.....i would have bought a iphone without any problem....like i said..apple stand over fido/rogers...and have them to be y provisionned......its something i will take in consideration on my next phone purchase......
0 Likes
reet
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
i believe moderator must read the following conversation and must report accordingly to the higher authorities to take action against this network operator policies.
0 Likes