Original topic:

WiFi handshake very slow on S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 07-09-2022 10:03 AM)
Chillz2309
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
My WiFi router has 2 bandwidths ie. 5ghz and 2.4ghz as most routers nowadays. As it is known, 2.4ghz has longer range than 5ghz but supports lower speeds.

In my home, when I move to the farthest room, instead of connecting to the 2.4ghz frequency automatically, my S22 Ultra struggles with the 5ghz frequency leading to a very unstable and slow WiFi. My much older Oneplus 3T (more than 5 years old) was better at this handshake than the latest Ultra.

Has anyone else noticed this issue or is it limited to my phone? I'm not sure if there is any setting I need to change to allow seemless connectivity.
2 Comments
Chillz2309
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
By the way, I've permanently connected to the 2.4Ghz frequency to avoid this issue. But it surely is a let down on such a premium device.
0 Likes
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
I notice this on my Note 10 and not on my S22U. I have a main Wifi router with only one SSID set as intelligent smart switch between 5 and 2.4Ghz and one more wifi router set as wireless extender.
My S22U able to switch almost instantenously between the two routers when it's detecting low coverage on current wifi connection.
On my note 10 however, it's still maintain its connection with current wifi SSID even very low or intermittent connection observed. I'm not a fan of 2.4 Ghz connection as when I do a test, even at lowest coverage, 5Ghz connection still provides higher speed than 2.4.

Anyway, maybe you could try to disable wifi throttling in developer option. It might help speeding up the switching.

All the best 👌🏻Screenshot_20220710-140427_Settings_28505_1657433067.jpg
0 Likes