Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Wifi sharing - One ui 3.0

(Topic created on: 03-17-2021 09:09 AM)
sully
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Hey, does anyone know where the wifi sharing option is on one UI 3.0. I can't seem to find it anywhere in the settings menu. 

Thank you 
0 Likes
11 Comments
Galaxy S
Hi sully,

Open Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Hotspot and Tethering

Enable Mobile Hotspot and click on it, you can configure more settings there.
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I don't think that's what they meant.
sully did you mean sharing your current Wifi network info? If so, click on your connected Wifi network -> QR Code -> Share
Galaxy S
Could be this, you are right theonecid.
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
No it's not. I appreciate the help @Tallman, but I don't think you fully understand what I'm saying. I want to share the wifi from my device to the laptop. Not my mobile internet, but the wifi that my mobile is already connected to. Basically a wifi extender.
Solution
Galaxy S
I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I found WiFi sharing feature.

Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Hotspot and Tethering -> Mobile Hotspot -> Configure -> expand Advanced

Scroll down to bottom
There is WiFi sharing.
You can turn it on and off if Auto Hotspot is disabled. If Auto Hotspot is enabled, it sets to always on.

Screenshot_20210317-165353_Settings.jpg

sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yessss, thank you so much for your help. I high appreciate your effort in constantly trying to help. It's weird how Samsung hid this feature in one UI 3. it used to be ready available before. Thank you once again
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yes I mean sharing my current wifi. The share QR code isn't helpful to me as I want to share my current wifi to my laptop. This setting was available in previous versions. i can't seem to find it now
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
hey @Tallman, I don't see any setting here regarding wifi sharing

Screenshot_20210317-100805_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
neals
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
goto configure then advanced then at very bottom its there
0 Likes