Original topic:

Wireless Printing

(Topic created on: 05-17-2021 02:36 PM)
bluekitty
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
S20 doesn't want to print wirelessly to my Epson xp410.  . My s8 didn't have that problem. Suggestions ?

0 Likes
9 Comments
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
If S8 didn't have any problem then S20 shouldn't either unless some feature is no longer provided due to security☻ ... are you able to see other network devices on ur network? If not, then your network is preventing you.
0 Likes
bluekitty
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I see everything else. I see the printer too but it doesn't want to print , but I don't have that problem with other computers, and didn't have that with s8
0 Likes
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Oh blue fat kitty... What did u do? What changed the settings when things were functioning just fine? Your issue is weird. If S20 can see the printer then it should be able to communicate too. Something is blocking the print command. I heard cats have super power to see wireless signals. Use that power and let me know. ☻
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Please try the steps to add the printer again on the phone by following below steps.

Head into your Settings and then connections.

Select More connection settings.

Tap on Printing.

Select + Download Plugin.

You will then be directed to the Google Play Store where you can install your Printer Plugin.

Once the plugin has been installed, head back into your Printing Settings and tap on the plugin.

Tap on the 3 dots and select Add Printer.

Follow the in-app instructions to connect your print to your Galaxy phone.

0 Likes
bluekitty
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Ok that didn't work , but what did work, is when i downloaded Epson iPrint. Have to print documents through that it seems. Very strange. Oh well. Thank u for ur help.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I own the EPSON et-4550 printer and the S21 Ultra smartphone. I had the same issue. I downloaded and installed the EPSON iPrint app to my phone. Then I called the Customer Service at EPSON. They coached me through to get the print started and found some settings that were not set up properly. EPSON helped me fix those settings and now I am able to print pictures from my phone.
bluekitty
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
UPDATE: turns our my printer was switching all the time between 2.4Ghz network and 5, and that was causing the confusion. When I reset my network to just 2.4gHz, it established permanent IP and eliminated the printing issue.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Glad to know that the issue got resolved.

0 Likes
bluekitty
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I don't have the issue anymore, that's why I explained what the solution is
0 Likes