Original topic:

Wirless Charging issue after update?

(Topic created on: 03-10-2021 01:17 PM)
Spenny
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Has anyone else noticed that fast wirless charging has stopped working since the most recent update?  Nothing has changed, charger wise. 

24 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Spenny,
Please perform the wipe cache partition of the device and get back to us with the results.

Spenny
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks for the response. This didn't work, unfortunately. Other ideas?
Galaxy S
Wondering are you using Samsung wireless charger?
0 Likes
Spenny
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I am not, no. It's a third party wireless charger.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

What phone do you have & was the last update, a security patch, or an android version update? 

Seems the answer is in the first screen shot. For whatever reason, your 3rd party wireless charger is no longer compatible with your phone. 

Spenny
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I have the S20. The last update was the One UI 3.1 update that I did WHILE sitting on the wireless charger; no issues for the past 4 months prior. As soon as the update was finished and rebooted, it started giving me the error.

Wireless charger has no issues fast charging my S9+. So it makes me think software.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Obviously your wireless fast charger not compatible to One UI 3.1. I cannot think of any easy fix for you. Either buy another wireless fast charger that work with One UI 3.1 or use Samsung wireless fast charger (for sure it works). If you are good at playing with firmware, you could rollback to One UI 3.0. Sorry, don't have any better solution on this. As I do not know why One UI 3.1 suddenly not support your wireless charger.
Spenny
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Just strange. I will look into it. I appreciate the advice!
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It's certainly possible that the One UI V3.1 update is preventing your wireless charger from "super fast charging". There may be some additional or different security algorithms that are not compatible with 3rd party wireless chargers? Have you tried looking if there's a support chat / forum for the brand of charger you're using?

It MIGHT help if you tried a factory reset, but I wouldn't count on it fixing the issue 🤔

If you decide to see if a factory reset will help, make sure you backup your phone with smart switch FIRST.