Original topic:

Won't show read text messages

(Topic created on: 11-24-2021 12:31 PM)
CyndiLou
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Why is it that "read" message shows for some contacts and not others?
10 Comments
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
It means that the person you're texting has RCS enabled which is like imessage but way better. If the other person has rcs the message bubble will be blue. If not the message bubble will be turquoise.
Mishsamsung
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
What is rcs? And is this for sms or other text. I have two icons- one with text message in blue with lines across and the other is blue with dots across.
0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
RCS is an advanced version of messaging. It stands for Rich Chat service. It's sort of like imessage but is based on the carrier. With RCS you can enable chat like features, send higher resolution pictures and videos. It's also more secure than regular sms.
Mishsamsung
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Oh nice! How do I know if I have it?
0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
So the picture that says delivered I'm using RCS with that person, you could also see *chat* in the message box. But the one that just shows the time I'm using regular sms. A good indicator also is the colour of the message box. I'm using google messages, the default colour of a message box that's using RCS is blue but for sms it's turquoise.Screenshot_20220721-102355_Messages_10630_1658413435.jpgScreenshot_20220721-102435_Messages_10632_1658413475.jpg
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi CyndiLou, are you using the Samsung messages app or any other third-party apps?

0 Likes
CyndiLou
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It the Samsung message app
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

HiCyndiLou, It is RCS enabled as suggested by Jamesy. Thanks, Jamesy.

0 Likes
user11
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Could be because the person you are texting has an iPhone cause when I text my kids phone it doesn't say "read" after they reply
0 Likes