Original topic:

Work profile

(Topic created on: 02-10-2021 05:48 AM)
Olubadeniyi
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S

I tried adding my school mail on my Samsung galaxy J7 Prime. But I keep getting the reply, "Cannot create work profile. The security policy prevents the creation of a work profile because a custom OS has been installed on this phone."

Please what can be done?

10 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I suggest you please reach out to live chat support for remote assistance by using the link below and they will help you with the issue.

Work profile :

Set up additional user accounts for other users to use the device with personalized settings, such as email accounts, wallpaper preferences, and more. The following types of user accounts are available.
• Owner: The owner account is created only when setting up the device for the first time, and cannot be created more than one. This account has full control of the device including user account management.
• User: This account allows users to access their own apps and content, and customize the device settings that affect all accounts.
• Restricted profile: A restricted account can only access the apps and content allowed by the owner account, and cannot use the services that require logging in.

Set Up User Profiles:
Set up user profiles and then select one when unlocking the device to use personalized settings.
1. From a Home screen, touch Apps > Settings
2. Scroll down and touch Users under the Device tab.
3. To add a new user or profile, touch Add user or profile > User > OK > SET UP NOW.
Note: After you create a new user, that person needs to go through a setup process.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the account setup.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Talk to your school IT department. Probably your J7 Prime has been setup Personal/Work profile by Samsung Knox. Your school IT can help ypu out.
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Olubadeniyi, Please try the suggestions given by Tallman. Please get back to us if you are facing the same issue. Thank you Tallman for your response. Also, could you please provide the status of your device. Settings >> About phone >> status >> Device Status

Olubadeniyi
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Device status: Official.

Sighs. There's no way I can contact my school IT Department. Atleast now that it's an online lecture.

However, I believe it's the phone's device policy and stuff. If there's a way it can be modified to accept work profile.

I just need to get this done ASAP. Because I'll need that same mail for the google classroom.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
By default, all Android phones are all open. No policy to block you accept your work profile.

The question is, how do you install your work profile? If just adding email, nothing will touch the workspace policy.

According to your error message:
The security policy prevents the creation of a work profile because a custom OS has been installed on this phone

So, obviously your school IT loaded a custom ROM for school. You may need to talk to someone in school to resolve it.
Olubadeniyi
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Thank you.

However,  it worked on some other android without giving this error message.

Galaxy S
I cannot say 100% is correct. But for sure if you just try adding a mail account and there is an IT policy blocking it. Obviously the J7 must be controlled by MDM. I don't know the other devices, but I am sure your J7 has policy restricted. I have couple clients using MDM platform so that I am sure there is an IT policy restrict your J7 device.
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Please contact the IT team as suggested by Tallman.

0 Likes
elnazelnaz
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I also have the same problem. I couldn't set up work profile on my both Samsung phones and it went very easy on my other android device. now I have a new samsung phone and I am having the same issue again. our IT support says we don't have such a thing!
what I need is a clear answer if it does not work and then I just let go of the struggle, because the struggle is more annoying than not having work email on my phone...