Original topic:

Worse one ui update ever

(Topic created on: 03-01-2023 11:07 AM)
Galaxy S
I am using low-end phone (s21+) compare with "ultra" model. Since updated to one ui 5.1, battery drain super duper fast, phone heating when just few press on the home screen, then lagging when the phone heat. Previous one ui 5.0 has no such issue. Samsung getting worse and worse for releasing the firmware. I use this phone until frustrated and feel want throw on the floor because of phone heating, lagging and battery drain fast after one ui 5.1 update.
Note: I did a factory reset when updated to one ui 5.1, so my phone is clean and wipe cache/partition, put app to deep sleep. And, etc.. all done.

@samsung, please fix the issue in March release and release the update as soonest!
17 Comments
Mchhh
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
S21+ is not low end at all ๐Ÿคจ
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hahaha. Shhh.. ๐Ÿ˜„..
Actually if compare with ultra model , I take it as low end phone cos alot thing also don't have like expert raw cannot support, resolution / camera not High as ultra.. I hope I can get ultra model, but budget not allowed me.. ๐Ÿ˜ต
0 Likes
TonySY3
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Lol yeah I thought he's using A series and getting UI 5.1 so fast ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿคฃ
Galaxy S
Hahaha ๐Ÿ˜†
TonySY3
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Yeah I heard many stories about s21 or lower having heating issues with UI 5.1, my family's A15 just updated with UI 5.0 and I'm watching out for heating issues as well
TonySY3
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Heating issues is related to the processor handling the instructions from the UI, maybe the coding method is not so suitable for older Gen chips
Galaxy S
Yeah, maybe... and they said one ui 5.1 the performance is better, smooth, but I dun think so, I feel the same.. maybe is for ultra model and s23 series.. now I typing replying here, the phone also started getting heat a bit, last time one ui 5.0 no such issue.
0 Likes
TonySY3
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
UI 5.1 is tweaked to perform better on the new snapdragon gen2 for galaxy chip, the coding might heat up older chips , slight chances
SamNoteUser
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Check is is performance speed set to Maximun? If yes, change to optimized.