Original topic:

Worse one ui update ever

(Topic created on: 03-01-2023 11:05 AM)
스하위켛크분
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
I am using low-end phone (s21+) compare with "ultra" model. Since updated to one ui 5.1, battery drain super duper fast, phone heating when just few press on the home screen, then lagging when the phone heat. Previous one ui 5.0 has no such issue. Samsung getting worse and worse for releasing the firmware. I use this phone until frustrated and feel want throw on the floor because of phone heating, lagging and battery drain fast after one ui 5.1 update.
Note: I did a factory reset when updated to one ui 5.1, so my phone is clean and wipe cache/partition, put app to deep sleep. And, etc.. all done.

@samsung, please fix the issue in March release and release the update as soonest!
17 Comments
TonySY3
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Yeah I will try that too, with my tablet s8 since it's starting to heat up recently at the charging port
TonySY3
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Oh ya, found out 1 thing, when you're out in the bright sunshine, the screen heats up due to the increase in brightness nits but once it's in the room, it cools down pretty quickly 😛 😅 😅 😅🤦
Galaxy S
I always set optimized..
0 Likes
Ekbp
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
No related to low end or not. Even high end ultra also got multiple problems after major updates. It's a norm nowadays. Samsung now onwards always release non proper test major software updates
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yeah, true and agree..
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@samsung, this is crazy.. in previous one ui 5.0, only consume memory around 3.xGB, but now one ui 5.1, it consume 5GB memory... one ui 5.1 need so high memory to run? Are you crazy.. no wonder the phone heating and lagging...
0 Likes
Galaxy S
1 more testing... previous one ui 5.0 my ram plus is turn off and no issue if the app has been minimised. Now, one ui 5.1 if minimise the app, when launch back again, it will launch as a new...
With ram plus off in previous one ui 5.0, the phone no heating or not much heating.. but now one ui 5.1 it heating.. so now, I turn on the ram plus and just put 2GB.. then now okay a bit. But still same. Phone heat (but not super heat now), battery drain still persist but better a little bit only. @samsung. Please fix as earliest.
0 Likes
Simba21
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

This seems to be a thing with Samsung phones, especially the cheaper ones.

I got a Samsung A11 in 2020 and it worked great until the next major android update, after each update with the A11, it just got worse.

The updater said Android 12 would improve performance, it ended up destroying the phone making not a single app except the calculator and phone dialer open, all other apps would make the phone freeze and need a forced restart. Also the quick panel took 8 Seconds! to open and camera app froze every time. This phone worked great on it's original software version.

Then i got the A52s 5G, it was amazing, never slow and everything was fast and snappy, updated to android 12 One UI 4 and it got very slow, the keyboard would take 2 extra seconds to pop up and the camera was awfully slow. Also clicking the dial button in phone would take like 3 seconds to do anything.

Then with Android 13 One UI 5 it wasn't any worse, quick panel was actually smoother

Now on One UI 5.1, everything lags, the quick panel takes 3-5 seconds to swipe down and is a laggy mess. The phone also heats up a lot even while not in use (Even after a reset). I use the Samsung Keys Cafe app to have cool animations while it type and now it is so laggy and glitchy that i sadly had to disable it.

Same thing happened to my Samsung Tab A 8.0, every release it got slower, to the point where it couldn't be used. Quick panel took literally 8 seconds sometimes! For some reason i could not find anyone else on the internet that complained about the Tab A 8.0 being laggy.

I have tried everything on these devices to get them working properly again but nothing i did worked. Restarting, Factory Reset, Wiping Cache Partition

I got Lineage OS on my Samsung Tab A 8.0 and it was much smoother, still a bit laggy but significantly better.

I hope Samsung releases new software to the Samsung A52s 5G to make it smoother because my A52s 5G is only a few months old. This better not happen to my Tab S7 FE I'm getting in a few weeks!