Original topic:

Yellowish Screen

(Topic created on: 09-26-2021 10:21 AM)
ChiaChong
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
My s10e is having yellowish screen since few weeks ago, I have switched off eye comfort, no additional tint applied, but the screen will automatically become yellowish after lock and unlock screen. It is normal when I activate the screen using always on display, that is tap only one time on the screen then unlock using fingerprint, it will turn yellowish if I straight away unlock by fingerprint.
I have just installed the latest update today but the issue still remain😫 I have tried wipe cache partition after the update. This is definitely not hardware problem because it works normally sometime, Samsung please fix this irritating software issue!
ps. I don't put screen shots here because the yellow screen is not obvious in other camera, maybe because of white balance.
19 Comments
dcdcdcdc
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same thinh happen to samsung galaxy note 9... is a worldwide issue after firmware updates by samsung... is call discoloration... is a permanent screen damaged.
0 Likes
EricBane
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Just happened to me today. My Galaxy Note 9 is working all okay when suddenly my screen becomes brighter and brighter. And then boom: greenish-white screen and hangs my phone.

Tried hard reboot several times but to no avail. After reading some recommendations, I've managed to get my phone working but on disabled Adaptive Brightness and brightness level turned down low.

That crisp display? Nay, messing about the brightness in the middle would cause the screen to go greenish-white again.

What am I supposed to do, guys? Is this a hardware issue?
0 Likes
kelvinloo96
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Screen burnt bro. Time to change screen or phone :))
0 Likes
ChiaChong
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
This is clearly a software issue since it still works normally if I unlock the screen through always on display. If it is hardware issue, the screen should remain yellowish all the time. A software issue should be fixed by software update.
AzriZin
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Ya agree on the software/ firmware issue. Have you try formatting it?
ChiaChong
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Haven't try formatting my phone cause I saw ppl also saying that formatting the phone won't fix the issue 😂
0 Likes
AzriZin
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Ah i see. Then maybe firmware update cause the hardware to be some sort of malfunction.

Same like my previous Pixel 2. The firmware update mess up the camera OIS, make the camera cannot open. Lot ppl facing same issue with their pixel. So after that, i don't dare to try pixel, and get the S10e. I think every brand also got issues. 😑
0 Likes
AzriZin
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Same with me brother. My screen issue i think started end of 2020. The phone still can use and behave as per your mentioned. I still continue use it until last week. Now change to S21.
0 Likes
ChiaChong
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
What phone u used previously?
0 Likes