Original topic:

Yellowish Screen

(Topic created on: 09-28-2021 01:23 AM)
ChiaChong
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
My s10e is having yellowish screen since few weeks ago, I have switched off eye comfort, no additional tint applied, but the screen will automatically become yellowish after lock and unlock screen. It is normal when I activate the screen using always on display, that is tap only one time on the screen then unlock using fingerprint, it will turn yellowish if I straight away unlock by fingerprint.
I have just installed the latest update today but the issue still remain😫 I have tried wipe cache partition after the update. This is definitely not hardware problem because it works normally sometime, Samsung please fix this irritating software issue!
ps. I don't put screen shots here because the yellow screen is not obvious in other camera, maybe because of white balance.
19 Comments
AzriZin
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
S10e bro, since mid 2019.
0 Likes
dcdcdcdc
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Any warranty for this?
0 Likes
ChiaChong
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
If ur phone is still under warranty then should be able to claim a free screen replacement, else u will have to pay
0 Likes
dcdcdcdc
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
No more warranty
0 Likes
Galaxy S

My smartphone it's new and I have same annoying issue.

0 Likes
ChiaChong
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
You can visit to samsung service center to claim your phone warranty
0 Likes
Tobylazlo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Ok guys.my s10e had the same problem ,yellowish screen.i tried everything,filters,settings,nothing worked...untill today,when i cleared all my browsing data from google chrome,and my display is now normal.

pdlr
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Same as my Note9. It seems a known issue with all AMOLED displays of higher end Galaxy Series mobile phones. It's not due to software updates or application interference. It's all hardware issue.

Overtime, due to excessive usage, or long exposure to heat, Samsung's AMOLED components degrades and returns that yellowish display. Eventually, the display will black out and dies, and you're out of warranty.

And repair costs almost 50% to 100% of the value of your phone in the 2nd hand market.

So, say your thanks to Samsung!

0 Likes
Members_pZhOBKG
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Not sure it's an hardware issue. i've the same issue on my S10e, but if I use AOD (Always on Display) on permanent mode, my screen back to white original. But if I put AOD off, yellow screen. So, it's obviously not hardware (my phone is 3 years 1/2)

Norman99
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Same thing happens on my S10e since yesterday, always on display on permanent mode can be a work around fix lol

0 Likes