Original topic:

Yellowish screen

(Topic created on: 11-22-2022 06:22 PM)
souLe
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi my Samsung S10e's screen is yellow.. sorta yellowish instead of white-ish... I did NOT enable read-mode, bed-mode, blue-light filter, eye-mode... NOTHING.. can anyone pls help to fix this?
8 Comments
WinnieC
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I don't think you can fix this unless you replace the display.

The cause of this is due to screen burnt. To double confirm it, you can try screenshot your screen and send to another devices to see whether the display is normal or abnormal.
souLe
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
It's quite normal actually... so is it burnt?Screenshot_20221122_191303_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
It's not a screen burnt.

Basically, LED or OLED display is based on 3 primary colours/lights, which is RGB, red, green and blue.
If all across the display is a constant yellow or blue or any fixed colour, it might be caused by connection or even software.
Burn-in, which is normally happens to OLED display is caused by static image which remains on the screen for a long time.
0 Likes
WinnieC
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
It is. I got the same problem before and I did ask the repair shop too. Is confirmed by them too.
0 Likes
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
It's easier to explain by technician or repair shop that it's screen burnt. However, the truth is not.
It will be a very long explanation and possibly discussion if I were to continue on this.
Simple explanation is, combination of blue and green and with disappearance of red will produce yellow. If this is constant, it will produce a yellow background.
All the best. 👌🏻
0 Likes
WinnieC
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I always said, I am not a professional and just a normal user. I asked Samsung service center before I went to outsider repair shop. Both telling the same thing. After Samsung told me the cost of repairing, I decide to get another confirmation and end up is almost the same. That is what I experience.

For a user like me, I just want a solution. If you're telling me about the combination of blue and green, then what should I do to solve the problem? Adjust the colour?

Anyways, no offence, yah.
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
No offence at all.
If you look at my first sentence, I'm just explaining that the issue is not referred to screen burnt, as screen burnt is totally different type of problem.
But anyway, it's easier for everybody including repair shop and service centre to just say screen burnt issue. 😂

Just my two cents based on my experience and knowledge in display technology. 👌🏻🤟🏻
0 Likes
Members_XYEYt4j
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Same thing happened to my S10e. It's brighter in certain FB reels. 

0 Likes