Original topic:

Yet another battery drain post

(Topic created on: 04-15-2018 07:56 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Because having battery issues is trendy...
Hellow there. Let's cut to the chase. My trusty S7 has chosen to take part in the battery drain trend, without my consent. Used to last me longer... It would be great if anyone could help me.
Note that the M1 cores do enter sleep mode as I pointed out last time. Rest assured, cache clearing from the Recovery boot menu is a step I have taken on multiple occasions.
There's a screenshot of the battery usage screen enclosed, but is in French so here's a translated version.
1- Screen (3h33 SOT) 23%
2- Android System 16%
3- System UI (AOD) 8%
4- Device Idle 7%
5- Android OS 6%
6- Light Manager 5% (this is normal though)
7- audioserver 3%
8- mediaserver 2%
9- media.codec ( I assume HW decoding from watching very high quality, high compression videos) 2%
10- Cell Standby 2%
11- S Internet 1%
The only really unusual part is the Android System part. And you know, only 3 hours SOT. 10be0f8c-052d-4a22-88a3-4084cbfacad2.jpg
11897dcb-e870-452f-bacd-313a7cd7629c.jpg
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Well, IP68 and removable batteries can be had simultaneously. S5's the proof. The real choice is premium design vs removable battery.
0 Likes
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Question, I was going through every setting on me S8+ for god only knows the hundredth time. This time I went into developer options. This time I noticed something that was enabled by default but never was before. Do either of you have this setting enabled as well? If I'm guessing right this would more than likely contribute to a large battery drain. Time will tell 🤞
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Hum, I would gladly tell you if this setting was enabled, but there's a hundred of these things. Could you be a little more specific?
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
if you could let us know what option was enabled then we can check and get back to you....
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@LazyGhost - Do what you want, but encouraging people to commit Fraud is wrong - plain & simple.
0 Likes
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Cry me a River. Lately you hsve become the forum BULLY. If someone doesn't agree with you then you get high and mighty, condescending, and terse. If you're such a tech wizard wtf aren't you working at Samsung on the software development team? I hate being a prick but you are exactly what I said. Do not communicate with me again. Your solutions are copy/paste right from Redddit. Even at that I still wish you a good evening and such.
Alchemist
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Hey @LazyGhost. I know you are mad at him . But bro this isn't the best way to deal. He has a different view of the thing. Don't get me wrong I am supporting no one here. This is the only place where you can discuss your views and problems related to Samsung products. So please don't argue on these little issues. Thanks🙂
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Really - You're going to try & criticize me while you're advocating Fraud.. Nice try.
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
hey shaggy, you need to drop it and just leave (this thread). you're not the internet police let them do what they want.
0 Likes
Mattie
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I don't know call me crazy but I find that controlling apps running in the background in power management really helps, because if you look at what is causing battery drain it doesn't show anything about apps running in the back, sense I have been controlling that my battery level have been stabilizing.
0 Likes