Dingle
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Series
S21 Ultra SM-G9980 256GB 5G Dual Sim
Active CSC: TGY ; Original CSC: BRI 
Network: Vodafone NZ

Issue: Mobile Data and VoLTE won't automatically connect

Started happening probably after last firmware update (unsure). I noticed that after leaving WiFi network, normally Mobile Data kicks in and phone would automatically connect but hasn't been happening for the past couple of weeks. Also, whenever the phone is connected to 4G, VoLTE won't turn on.

To fix both issue, network has to be restarted by turning Airplane mode on/off OR restarting the device.

This is such a pain to do everytime and I hope someone can direct me to the right way.

Troubleshooting done:
  • Network settings reset
  • Factory reset
  • Replaced sim card with a brand new one
  • Called provider and they did network reset
  • Provider reprovisioned VoLTE on account
  • Inserted another sim from different provider. VoLTE and Mobile Data turns on automatically - no issues.
  • Bought a new sim with same network.

I have also cross-checked the network bands with mobile phone and Network Provider. No issues.

Any help would be appreciated.
0 Likes
4 Comments
Samsung_Tahnee
Options
Galaxy Series

Hey Dingle, thanks for getting in contact with us about this. We would recommend reaching out to our technical support team for assistance on this, they'll be able to troubleshoot the issue for you and walk you through next steps. You can reach them on 0800 726 786 (24/7) or live chat on http://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/NZ. Cheers, The Samsung Team.

0 Likes
Dingle
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Series

Hi, the customer serivce support weren't of any help.

0 Likes
-B
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Series
Any luck ?
0 Likes
Dingle
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Series

not at all. No solutions anyway. Only way to keep it working is to keep the phone 5G enabled under network modes.

0 Likes