Original topic:

Any one from Rogers with sep security update z fold 3????

(Topic created on: 10-01-2021 06:37 PM)
sharurocks
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Z
Any one ???? I don't see a update yet 
15 Comments
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy Z
Nope, I'm guessing it'll be released next week. Really frustrating considering every other carrier has released it.
0 Likes
sharurocks
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
Thanks...I am returning my device...can't keep waiting for updates after paying a premium for the phone
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy Z
Fair enough. This is a rogers issue though, not a Samsung one, but if you're not happy with the experience you're getting then returning is probably the best choice for you.

This is my first Z series device and this does seem a little out of the ordinary. Seems like with the late August launch they decided to skip the August patch and focus completely on the September update/bug fixes.
0 Likes
sharurocks
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
I agree...but what I believe...Samsung should control the software updates for their unlocked devices at least in Canada ....this is great device but with not such an experience of putting its customers behind and waiting ...
0 Likes
kjt55
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
I'm seeing a few people are having issues with this update. Maybe Rogers found it before releasing it and they are getting it fixed
0 Likes
pchan0
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
What issues are they having with the update?
0 Likes
dragonbait
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
I got my z fold 3 direct from samsung and as of today (Oct 2), my security patch is july 1 2021. I am on rogers as well. Do unlocked phones need to wait on the carrier?
0 Likes
sharurocks
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
Unfortunately yes...me to bought the phone direct from samsung.ca...that's the problem the updates are tied to carriers...weird
0 Likes
dragonbait
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
That's odd. This is the first phone I purchased direct in many years. I thought for sure when they were unlocked they didn't have to wait on carriers! I do like not being forced to have facebook installed, so there is that lol