Original topic:

Bad audio quality when using dolby atmos.

(Topic created on: 01-20-2022 09:31 PM)
mob9221
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z
Hi everyone,
Just got updated to One UI 4 today on my Z fold 3. Immediately I noticed how bad dolby atmos sounded compared to the previous one UI version. Anyone else notice this?
7 Comments
-ACon-
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
Yes same here on s20. After receiving one ui 4, all songs with dolby atmos are sounding weird with a lot of treble. I immediately turned it off.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

I really don't notice any difference on my S20 Ultra, between 3.1 & 4.0.

If you're not using Adapt Sound & some high quality earbuds, that could be the reason? 

0 Likes
-ACon-
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
I believe same issue has been reported by many people on different forums. I shared link below as well. it is not noticeable on videos and stuff but definitely noticeable on songs. There is like no to minimal bass and heavy treble. you also cannot change Bluetooth codec in developer option for some reason.

For me, simply turning off atmos did trick as i am using custom profile in equalizer.
0 Likes
mob9221
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
I use galaxy buds pro and also use my car audio system. Very noticeable decrease in quality. Sounds like im listening to it in a tin can
-ACon-
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
Just to let you know mod will come and ask you to reset device. dont go through that inconvenience. it is not fixing issue. check following link

:https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-z-flip-3-z-fold-3-one-ui-4-0-audio-bug/
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi mob9221, I suggest you to try to adjust the Equalizer settings to fix it. 

Settings >> select Sound quality and effects >> Tap Sound quality and effects >> tap Equalizer to choose your desired settings.

You can choose Normal, Pop, Classical, Jazz, Rock, or Custom. Each of those options automatically adjusts the bass, treble, instruments, and vocal settings to fit the music you're listening to.

If desired, you can select Custom to adjust the settings manually, so they match your personal preferences. For example, maybe you love to feel that low bass when you're listening to your favorite genre of music.

Use your finger to move the sliders up and down, based on your personal preference.

0 Likes
pdawgg1990
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Samsung was always terrible at audio unless your talking about there older stuff including electronics they make **bleep** av products go with Sony lg I have there most expensive phone and I hate the audio it's dogcrap all they care about is video and processing I'm never buying anything audio video from then again I also hate their stupid qled TVs just more marketing bs Dolby atmos is only good for home theater or soundbars except Samsung's now its differnt if it says Samsung meridian cuz those are older and nowing Samsung they'll prob never make audio that great ever again

0 Likes