Original topic:

Battery drain in flip 3

(Topic created on: 09-11-2021 11:27 PM)
Sushchop
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z
Hi, I received my flip 3 on 7/9. I have noticed that the battery doesn't survive for more than 6-8 hours even on normal use. I monitored this by fully charging the phone in the morning at 9am and doing the same thing i do everyday. By 3pm my phone was at 30%. That day i had a video call for 1.5 hours and maybe watched one video on youtube and some browsing on instagram. No gaming or heavy duty apps. One night i switched on power saving mode at 15% and went to sleep. Without touching the phone, it died in the morning before i woke up. I noticed that while on normal call, battery dropped 10% in 20 mins. Thats a bit too much. Most days i have had to charge my phone up to 3 times a day. Thats not useful at all. Plus, if i am on a video call and if i try to charge my phone, it takes more than 3-4 hours to charge it. This is with the samsung 25W 9V fast charger and usb-c to usb-c cable. Normally if i dont touch my phone, it charges in 1 hour 30 mins. I have tried all the settings recommended on YouTube videos. The bright side is that my screen time is reduced because of this. But i think this phone is not dependable with the current Battery. Anyone else facing this? Any ideas how to increase battery backup to 1 day atleast?
9 Comments
Sushchop
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
This shows 7hrs 33mins usage with 3h 39m screen on time was enough to drain the entire battery. This is really bad. 20210912_020249_5059.jpg
0 Likes
Available84
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
I always leave mine on med power saving settings unless gaming. I also prefer slow / normal charge over quick settings. close all background apps if not in use. Usually last 2 days. (fold 2)
0 Likes
Sushchop
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Wow 2 days is amazing. I have been keeping my flip3 on power saving constantly. And i had to charge the phone 3 times a day yesterday. 😒
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @Sushchop, there is a time period to adjust your usage patterns and optimise the battery. However, if the issue persists, feel free to send us an Error Report via the Samsung Members app so that we can investigate this further. 

To do this:

Samsung Members > Get Help > Error Reports > Battery > Describe issue and frequency > Tick 'send log data' 

0 Likes
Sushchop
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Hi Laura,

Thanks for your response. I have noticed that the phone is trying to adjust by using bixby routines. I have power saving on all the time now and night mode powers down the apps. I have got to around 10hours of usage on each charge. Its still not enough. 10 hours means i have to charge it more than twice a day.

I have raised an error report. I will update it today.
teeno
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
I have the same issue with flip3. I think that's the fact of flip3.
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @teeno, as mentioned above. Please send through an error report when possible as these error reports help us in identifying any trending issues. 

0 Likes
teeno
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Thanks for responding! I did send the report.
0 Likes
Protonumus
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
Samsung Z Flip 3 was never going to wow anyone with its longevity.

When you consider the technology involved with the Flip 3, however, Samsung's ingenuity really shows.

While the total capacity might come out to 3,300 mAh (or thereabouts), the Flip 3's battery is split between the two halves of the phone.

You need to refine settings on small devices.
0 Likes