Original topic:

Customer Service Complaint

(Topic created on: 03-22-2022 11:37 PM)
SamD1
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z

Hello,

I would like to address the unprofessionalism and disregard for customer service today when I spoke to a senior case manager. I simply asked why I am being forced to pay out my contract with Optus to attain a refund for my Galaxy Z Fold 2 and was told bluntly that it is Samsungs process.

How can Samsung force me to end a contract with Optus to attain a refund? That is illegal. I do not want to end my contract with Optus, as that would defeat the purpose of signing a contract in the first place.

If you cant refund me the full amount for the phone without me terminating my contract with Optus, I ask that you produce me a replacement phone / new phone immediately.

You have stated there are now no parts available to repair the phone and this is why you are offering me a refund for the full purchase price of the phone. I have already paid $325 and was told my phone was fixed (which has not yet been refunded). Under warranty and consumer laws, you have to provide me a resolution.

Forcing a customer to pay $2500 to cancel a contract with Optus in order to get a refund from Samsung is not considered a resolution, and to be frank, for you to put a customer in that position is horrendous customer care.

I request that I be contacted by my case manager to resolve this issue in a much more timely manner. I will also begin contacting the office of fair trading as this matter is now going on for almost 2 months now and I am being treated improperly and being forced to terminate contracts with companies I do not wish to leave. 

4 Comments
FUpham
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Threaten a complaint to the ACCC, if they don't act on call the ACCC.
Ebo415
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Fair Trading try them first then the telecommunication ombudsman
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
I wonder whether this might qualify as a small claims case, don't know, similar system in other States https://www.lawaccess.nsw.gov.au/Pages/representing/Local_courts_small_claims/owed_money/starting_yo...
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @SamD1, thanks for reaching out. Please send through an email with the following details so I can look into this:

To: members.au@samsmgun.com

Subject: SamsungLaura - Optus Contract Refund

Details:

Name

Phone Number

Address

Service reference number

0 Likes