Original topic:

Flip 3 turns off after closing.

(Topic created on: 01-20-2023 10:46 AM)
Redacted3340
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z

Hello,

I have the Flip 3. For over a week now I have been having this issue. When I close the phone it turns off. Doesn't happen all the time, has happened not long after phone has been fully charged and as low as 20%. When I turn the phone back on it will power up sometimes and start properly, but as soon as I close it again it turns off. Once powered up if I restart the phone it can stay on for a while, maybe 4 hours +, before I have the issue again.

I have been to a Samsung store today where they ran some tests on the battery but didn't find an issue. They recommended against sending it in as the phone would most likely be sent back with no issues found.  They explained about sending in an error report through the app, which I have done now. 

15 Comments
uchetia
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
Try asking support if you can exchange for a new one as it is new
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
If they say no report them to the Department of Fair Trading in NSW if they say no.
0 Likes
Anisays42
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
There are two separate batteries in the fold 3 if you have dropped the phone at the slightest (I got no clue what that might be) one of the battery cables might be disconnect.my best guess is the upper battery in the top of the phone as been disconnect or the pins have shifted (this upper battery is also the smaller battery) which might explain the below 20 percent deal. If the phone has little power to the mother board it shuts off to prevent damage.
Solution
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z

Hello @Redacted3340

I am very sorry that you are having trouble with your phone. Based on what you've described, I recommend for you to head into your nearest authorised service centre with your proof of purchase so that we can take a closer look into this. Please be aware that due to our Privacy Policy, your device may be factory reset before being assessed. I highly recommend backing up your device via Smart Switch, OneDrive and/or Google to ensure none of your data is lost.

For more information on how to back up your device: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/back-up-samsung-device/

To book an appointment prior to heading in-store or to drop off your device via Australia Post: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/your-service/main

To find your nearest store: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/

Kind regards,

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
ShNicIp
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
This happen to my 1 year old Flip3 as well but I haven't drop the phone or anything and it shut down as soon as the foldable screen is angled regardless of the battery level. It has just started happening today. I can tell the top screen is hotter than the bottom. I can't fold my Flip 3 now

Does your issue resolve?
Redacted3340
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Took it to a repairer, not sure what the issue was, picking it up later today. But it has been fixed under warranty.
0 Likes
Redacted3340
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z

Got the phone back today. not exactly sure what caused the problem but the screen was replaced. So far so good.

0 Likes
randaabla
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

My Samsung flip z3 less than a year old started doing the same today: everytime I fold it, it switches off even if the battery is charged enough. However if the phone is plugged on the charger and I fold it , it doesn't switch off. I haven't dropped it any time recently. 

How to deal with that?

Members_yFXLzKe
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

This is happening to me too. I bought my phone in NZ a year & half ago. I took it to a service centre as per Samsung customer service advice. But they won't cover the cost EVEN if the issue is a defective screens and would normally be covered by warranty. Simply because I bought it from NZ and we've since moved to Australia. Any advice from anyone on what we can do?

If we pay for it, it'll cost $530 to get it fixed (almost the same cost as a new phone) which is crazy!!! 

0 Likes