Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Flip Z3 screen black when flip open

(Topic created on: 03-16-2023 12:45 PM)
JQ928
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z
Samsung Flip Z3 screen black when flip open the cover. Anyone has the same problem? Tried soft rebooting but doesn't work. Need to open and close the cover a few times. No such issue when leave the screen open. Not sure is it after thr latest software update.Went to service center n the offered solution is factory reset n need 5 to 7 days.....
0 Likes
7 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Hi, do u still have Care+ coverage?
0 Likes
JQ928
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
No.
0 Likes
JQ928
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
If need to replace parts, it's around $450 as everything comes in a set. Warranty only 1 month.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
When did ur Care+ coverage end?
0 Likes
JQ928
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
More than 1 Yr ago.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Hmm.. then will be hard to get a goodwill repair from Samsung. Some have managed to get theirs repaired, despite warranty expired 1 month after.
0 Likes
Members_Iie6iLf
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Z

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with the flagship Fold3 phone that I purchased 14 months ago. I have taken great care of the device, with no visible signs of usage. However, the phone has developed a hardware issue with the foldable screen. As soon as I open the foldable screen, the wifi stops working, and the phone resets itself. This has caused a great deal of frustration as I rely heavily on my phone for both personal and professional use.

Despite performing a hard factory reset, the issue persists. I was dismayed to discover that many other users have reported similar issues just after the warranty period is over, and that a class action lawsuit has been initiated in the United States.

When I visited the service center in Singapore, I was told that I would likely need to get the foldable screen replaced, and since the device warranty had just expired, it would cost somewhere $900. This news was extremely disappointing and frustrating, especially considering the high price tag of the device and the fact that the issue is clearly a hardware problem.

It is unacceptable that a company like Samsung would provide no support for such a significant issue, especially after only 12 months of ownership. I expected better from a company that prides itself on innovation and quality.

I would appreciate it if you could take this matter seriously and provide Fold3 users with a satisfactory solution. It is my hope that you will address this issue promptly and offer me and others resolution that does not involve an exorbitant cost

0 Likes