Original topic:

Fold 3 button lose

(Topic created on: 09-16-2021 12:14 PM)
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Z
So pre ordered fold 3. Finally received it last week and the power button has that lose feeling and if I run finger on lightly on it it makes a metal hitting metal sound. I've seen others post this also.
I contacted samsung first rep tells me it's normal. 
Second rep tells me not normal and I need to go to a authorized dealer. The dealer is hour drive I go they tell me the phones to new there notnsure if the power button should have that lose feeling and they would need to ship to there head office then will get it back in 7 business days if it's not suppose to be lose then I then need to ship it to samsung like what the **bleep** that's crazy.

I contact samsung back they tell me again well if the button works then it's fine. Or I can return for refund but I want replacement I don't want to lose the pre order stuff.

Can anyone confirm there phones have the lose power/finger print button and is it a big deal or so called normal?
7 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z
0 Likes
uzairm87
Active Level 8
Galaxy Z
Mine is loose to but I'm just living with it.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

If it's intended to be "loose", that's one thing, but if it's a defect in manufacturing, then I'd return it, especially when you consider the price!

Samsung has been getting away with all kinds of nonsense, and they need to be held accountable! 

0 Likes
uzairm87
Active Level 8
Galaxy Z
Not ready to go thru hassle with contacting them. Also return period done for me so will probably take me to samsung care and give me refurbished. It's not even that bad.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Well hopefully it doesn't get worse 🤞

Like I said, if it's intended to be loose, that's fine, but if it's not.. and I'm not sure if I'd be happy with a refurbished phone, when I just spent a lot of money to get a brand new one 🤔

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, It is normal and it is not a device defect, and all Samsung smartphones undergo rigorous internal inspection tests and are always being controlled under Samsung's high level of quality standards internally.

0 Likes
Cheeryshio
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
Hmmmm... sus, is the z fold the only phone with a loose power button? My s21 ultra and all my previous Samsung phone didn't have a loose power button... is it some kind of new future upcoming weird samsung trend?
0 Likes