Original topic:

Fold 3 inner screen protector

(Topic created on: 05-24-2022 09:34 PM)
bran222
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z
Im very disappointed in Samsung more n more now ,
i've been using samsung phones for so many years ,but nowsaday i feel that samsung only wanted to sell their phones n doesnt bother of the after care .
I spend thousands for a Fold 3 5G ,after a few months the inner screen protector starting to worn .I understand bcoz of folding oftenly will cause that ,but the problem is there r no original inner screen protector from samsung to purchase to replace .U come out a phone that expensive, but u dont had accessories for replacement ? Really fed up n disappointed . Maybe it time to change for iphone now . 
0 Likes
30 Comments
JiHyunLee
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
Changing to iPhone will cause more dissapointment towards you. Cuz know why? I changed to Apple just last year completely to it's Ecosystem and I totally regret. Not what it used to be in Samsung, and it's a totally new software which is extremely difficult to learn. Despite that, I went back to Samsung and I personally do have a Galaxy Z Fold3. Perhaps if your phone do have warranty, you could go to any Samsung store and replace it for free.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
iPhone's battery is super solid, however.. I feel so bored using it. Other than its long lasting battery, the overall UI is not enticing.
0 Likes
JiHyunLee
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
That's one main point why many people jump ship to iPhone. Otherwise, there's really no exciting features as what a phone should actually be. As innovative as it should be, has died off and only Samsung Galaxy phones inherited all the innovative features a phone should have.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
I almost jumped to iPhone last month, when my Note 10+ LCD spoiled. However, I eventually chose Fold 3, as long before, I have decided that my next phone would be a foldable, initially planning to get the Fold 4 end of this year. Never regretted choosing it over iPhone 13 Pro Max, although I am disappointed with the battery life of Z Fold 3. Could only get about 2 to 3 hours of SOT per charge from 85 to 25%.
0 Likes
JiHyunLee
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
I mean that's the downside of using Android. Don't know why last time the old Samsung Galaxies could last longer than iPhones, nowadays it seems that optimization is the main key why iPhones could last longer, and that Samsung is too stubborn and never optimize their software and that's never enough even by giving 4000mah or more for their phones and that 3000mah iPhone could beat it. For Foldable, I mean you gotta understand you're utilising dual screens, and if you're using the inner AMOLED screen more, the battery drain is going to be more noticeable. Whereas for my case, I only got 6-8 hours of SOT just like on my 21 and 22 Ultra.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Yup yup agreed that Android phones don't have good optimisation, since Google controls Android and Android manufacturers have to constantly ensure that their UI are compatible with Google's changes.

Yes, old Galaxies could last at least a day with moderate usage and iPhones in the past had very bad battery lifes. iPhones have improved significantly in the battery optimisation, however their UI has stayed the same since Steve Jobs' days.

I hope that eventually, foldable could rock much larger batteries than normal rigid phones. I believe this will be the best key selling point. Nothing beats having a large screen phone and can last as long as an iPhone.
JiHyunLee
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
True, now let's just wait for Samsung to optimize it's software on their future flagship phones. Not saying that midrangers shouldn't be optimized too, but since people are paying so much for a phone, they deserve all the service they need.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Yeah.. to be honest now, they really need to work on the optimisation on battery especially. Their other specs (camera, UI, display resolution, etc) are alr considered top-notch and years ahead of the competition. If their battery is also amazing, I think their devices will be all-rounded.
0 Likes
JiHyunLee
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
That's one reason for Samsung to improve on. Otherwise, the further more problem is that the hardware especially the 2020 flagships like the Galaxy S20 series and Note20 Series are literally the best of the best, but sadly, the hardware will outlast it's software. Samsung should provide further updates for this old Samsung phones as Android and Samsung Galaxy phones has reached it's peak for designing that's why the Galaxy S20, S21 and S22 are just super minor upgrades. If not, the older Samsung should deserve more updates than Samsung not caring them.