Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Fold 4 Frozen after software update

(Topic created on: 03-07-2023 04:01 AM)
rogoch
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z
My fold 4 frozen in December 2022 and yet to recover. SAMSUNG refusal to recover my valuable Europe photos and data quoting PDPA constraints. My argument is if the phone was damaged due to my fault, I have nothing to complain about, but it's clearly Samsung problem which cripple my phone yet very stubbornly deny my many proposals to retrieve my datas. There are ways to retrieve but Samsung is not helpful at all to loyal customers whom has been supporting since S4 era. Now seriously switching to other makes after hearing so many complaints on Samsung
0 Likes
13 Comments
Galaxy Z
To be honest with you, none of the brands will be able to help you on data recovery if it ever happen to your other brand of devices...

It's always best to backup to cloud storage or physical storage device on regular basis... No one can guarantee what could happen to you or your devices...
rogoch
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z
There are ways to do it at our cost but Samsung refusal to help is utterly unacceptable and way too much the kind of response from them. Anyway, I've learnt the lesson for trusting a big brand for more than a decade from S4, Note 5, S6 Edge, Note 7, Note 8, Note 9, S10+, Note 10+, Note 20 Ultra, Z Fold 3, Z Fold 4 & now Z Flip 4, Good luck Samsung
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
At our cost but not Samsung providing the service, right?

Have to understand if it's 3rd party data recovery, it's always user to borne the cost and risk cos data recovery is not guaranteed...

Even last time I send hdd for commercial data recovery costing few thousands for few gb of data recovery, hdd brand also never pay a single cent for their product faulty within warranty period.

No idea why u want to keep harping on big brands when the responsibility of keeping data safe is a user responsibility.
rogoch
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z
You don't understand what are the exchanges between Samsung Singapore and me, I can understand that, but is super utterly disappointed with Samsung
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
By the way these are my personal opinion and fair statements in personal capacity as I am no longer affiliated with Samsung in current's maker program...
0 Likes
rogoch
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z
Not sure if you are Samsung staff or ambassador defending my statement effortly; whatever had happened to so many loyal customers are making headlines, the fact speaks for itself. Fair and reasonable statement.
Galaxy Z
As mentioned before, I am no longer affiliated with Samsung.

Those reported about the screen damage and your issue is different. Screen damage that reported by many users across different models are a substantial amount of trend ongoing... Unless there's a big amount of users all having same issue as you that software upgrade and the phone crash...

Definitely unfair to try to group ur issue with the screen damage... If your issue is screen damage after software update, then I feel it's fair and reasonable to me...

Else your issue is the same as a hdd malfunction during warranty period and user did not have a back up.
0 Likes
rogoch
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z
My issue is also related to software update. Anyway, it will go public soon
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
Okie... Anyway I feel you... All the best... Hope you manage to get back your important data...

Just a friendly advice, keep important photos on a NAS with Raid or paid service cloud storage... It will save you lots of effort and time...

Whether u will still be Samsung, Apple, Xiaomi, OPPO or any other brands that store data, at most they will offer you a free software or replacement of the product...