Original topic:

Fold 4 Screen / Microphone / Speaker failure

(Topic created on: 09-19-2023 03:03 PM)
Canadian1000
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z

Bare with me as I explain my terrible experience which I now realize is far more common with Samsung than I thought.

Fold 4 worked fine for a year and a month until it suddenly stopped working. No damage, no drops, nothing. Whenever phone is opened, whole phone turns off. Inner screen does not turn on. Outer screen does turn on and works fine, but no microphone or speaker.

Spoke to Samsung via chat and was told to go to a mobile shop 22km from my home. Got there and was advised that I needed a work order. Called back Samsung, got the work order and was told by Samsung on the phone that this shop couldn’t help despite it being the same shop and address I was told to visit by the chat agent (I have the transcript).

Samsung advised that I should travel 36km in the opposite direction to a major shopping mall to visit a samsung store where they could fix it the same day. Drive there with a broken foot, wobbled into the store with my broken foot and broken phone and waited 30 minutes to be added to a waiting list. After being added was told it would be up to 3 hours before I could be seen.

3 hours later they call me in. I show them my issue and they tell me they don’t have any parts and it will take 4-6 weeks to receive and then 2-3 weeks to fix. Same guy who signed me in is the one telling me this while I struggle to stand.

I ask him why he left me to wait 3.5 hours only to tell me they didn’t have parts. Then he tells me I can send it in by mail which will take 5 days. WHY would Samsung make me drive nearly 60km to a store that can’t help me and then to another store with no parts only to advise me I can send it in by courier?

In the end, I took half a day off of work, drove 60km, visited two stores, stood around for 3.5 hours with a broken foot and a broken phone, spent $220 to fix something covered under Samsung Care + warranty and as of today, I have no idea how long they’re going to take to fix my issue.

Samsung has failed me on literally every level of their customer service. The worst part is, I contacted them to make a complaint and they wouldn’t give me an email - saved the transcript of that too. Instead they gave me an email to complain about SmartThings.

I left Apple for this nonsense. What a joke.

0 Likes
5 Comments
AxaCan
Active Level 7
Galaxy Z
Sincerely, I sympathise with you.
0 Likes
MaxDee
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
OMG!!!!!
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, we are really sad to hear the bad experience with your device.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Unfortunately, as your'e in Beginner level1, we are unable to request the information from you in DM(direct message), we kindly request you to contact our Live chat team by the link given below.

So that they will help you with the Door to Door option and try to resolve the issue soon.

Please contact our Live chat team by the link given below.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/contact/#contactinfo

0 Likes
Legintal
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

That's very interesting because I had the except same issue with my fold 4 I took it too a Samsung repair centre that said it was because there was a tiny dent on the hinge that could only be seen when the light shone on it from a certain angle and told me that I needed to play £115 and use my Samsung care +. Basically if you had the same issue it's a manufacturing issue and should be done under warranty! But that's only half of my story my handset as been with the repair centre now for over 3 weeks waiting on a LCD display that is out of stock. Samsung know about the issue and are refuse to replace the handset's. They keep saying it can be fixed my argument with them is that it can't be repaired because they have no parts and they have no idea when they will get them in stock. Apparently head office in the UK know this issue and are still refuse to deal with it. I even got an email from Samsung Care Plus wanting me to review the service! Lowest score I could give was zero or it would have been a -10

I wonder how many other Fold 4 users are in the same boat 🤔

0 Likes
Members_ygyphev
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Omg, I have the exact same problem now and planning to visit Samsung store tomorrow. see like it's manufacturer defects instead of mishandling. ***, it's time for IOS I guess. 

0 Likes