Original topic:

Fold3 Screen Peeling

(Topic created on: 11-19-2021 10:30 PM)
ChrisNunn77
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Z
Saw some posts and complaints online about the screen peeling on the Fold3.  I didn't believe it.  Next day.  Happened to me. LOL. Anyone else?  Photo from the web..   but pretty well exact to mine.

Also anyone see how easy the black paint comes off the frame? Slightest scratch turns Shiny silver. 

The phone feels so premium and sturdy in hand. I love it. They still have a little way to go yet. 

34 Comments
ChrisNunn77
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
I thought the "screen protector" was part of the inside screen and not supposed to ever be removed or it would destroy the phone? Just watched tech guys on YouTube rip it right off carefully/slowly and one said he was going to add liquid armor!?!?!

I'm not going to run out and do it, Mines far from a major problem yet but it's good to know if it doooooes peel any worse and starts to look ugly or interfere with anything.. it can be removed.

Also saw there are premium screen protectors for the inside screen.

I'm not panicking yet. 🤓📱📱
0 Likes
ChrisNunn77
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
Update. My Fold3 large screen broke 3 months in. Separated in th3 middle. Samsung said it was a known issue and asked me to send it in for repair. I'm selling it when it gets back. Too risky. If ever they don't want to cover it it's going to cost over $600. I don't trust that it won't split again. I really hardly used it. Also the battery always dead was a real turn off.
Deeezzyyy
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
Only the first fold had the screen protector that was not to be removed.

Since the fold 2, it was a screen protector like any other screen protectors and can be taken off if you want and replaced.

As for the black paint, I don't know. I've had my fold since launch and haven't had any issues. But it's just like any other phones as well, scratch it, and it'll obviously leave a mark and show the metal color under.

My screen protector is also holding up well. Not lifting yet but if it ever does, I already ordered other protectors so I'd just easily replace it.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

You might want to have a look at the link below.

Seems that you should NOT remove it yourself ⚠

"Don’t remove the protective film on the main screen or apply unapproved films or stickers" 

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-z-fold-3-remove-screen-protector/

0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
"Official" news say that everywhere to "protect and not damage" the screen if you don't know what you're doing.

But you can see for yourself if you search up videos on YouTube and other places that it can be removed slowly and it won't hurt the phone.

And especially since the Z fold 3 is now compatible with the S pen on the main screen, it is more prone to scratches and such so it is not recommended to remove the screen protector. But doesn't mean it can't be done.
0 Likes
ChrisNunn77
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
Didn't take much. IMG_20211120_105524_3925_1637431852.jpgIMG_20211120_105541_3923_1637431852.jpgIMG_20211120_105928_3924_1637431852.jpgIMG_20211120_105602_3927_1637431854.jpg
0 Likes
ChrisNunn77
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
Mine scratches really easy. Few days after launch day. Just from the case sliding around a bit. Scratches like a scratch ticket. Lol
Deeezzyyy
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
Holy **bleep**. What case did you use? I know some cases actually does scratch the phone a lot. Personally, I've used the Samsung silicone case and a carbon fiber case I ordered on aliexpress and it hasn't scratched my phone yet thankfully.
ChrisNunn77
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
Hahaha. This is what happens when you go with the $18 case from Amazon until you find one you like. Hahaha. Train wreck. It ate the phone. Hahaha. But at the same time. The paint comes off veeeeerrrryyy easy. I'll post the care culprit.