Original topic:

Freezing & Crashing

(Topic created on: 02-04-2022 09:49 PM)
DJsMakeUp
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z
Posted up here a while ago asking if anyone else is having software/hardware issues with their Galaxy Z Flip 3? Mine has spent the last 3ish month freezing and crashing everyday. By the looks of it it's because of the main Google app. I've tried everything, from reinstalling updates, to restarting, soft reset, hard reset, factory reset and nothing. Any other advice? My device is still under warranty, but having to send the device back and be without it for WEEKS(I live in regional Australia so it will take ages) is just not an ideal option for me. It was a great phone up until this, and now sometimes it freezes and resets more than 10 times a day, and I think I'm giving leway there.
0 Likes
13 Comments
Roddog
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Same trouble with my A51 sent it back under warranty they did a factory reset and software upgrade and sent it back to me advising they could not replicate error, 3 days later problem has come back
DJsMakeUp
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
I know. I hate when they ask for it back, factory reset it and send it back. Keep it and use it for a couple days after resetting it and tell me the problem isn't there. I'll be without my device for MONTHS, which for a $1700 device is kind of unacceptable. I've got Samsung+ Care, but I also don't think I should be paying for the new device when it's still under warranty and an issue with the device itself
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @DJsMakeUp, thanks for reaching out. 

I suggest sending an error report via the Samsung Members app for this to be investigated remotely by our research and development team. Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right. 

0 Likes
DJsMakeUp
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
I've sent lots of error report. When it restarts I go onto the Samsung members app sometimes and it automatically pops up to send error report. But nothing comes of the error reports. Since the update lots of other apps keep crashing now. I'll get a notification asking me to clear the cache as 'whatever' app has a bug. But it doesn't happen on my tab or other devices. Just this one. It's clearly got a firmware issue
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @DJsMakeUp, sorry to hear the issue is ongoing. I've looked into our error reports and can only see one dated the 4th of February. 

Our team have requested that you send another error report within 2-3 minutes of an issue occurring for this to be investigated further. 

If you are unable to keep the phone open long enough to send through a report, I recommend for you to head into your nearest authorised service centre with your proof of purchase so that we can take a closer look into this. Please be aware that due to our Privacy Policy, your device may be factory reset before being assessed. I highly recommend backing up your device via Smart Switch, OneDrive and/or Google to ensure none of your data is lost.

For more information on how to back up your device: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/back-up-samsung-device/

To book an appointment prior to heading in-store or to drop off your device via Australia Post: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/your-service/main 

To find your nearest store: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/ 

0 Likes
DJsMakeUp
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Also I've just seen you've got 3 stores all in Brisbane, which is a 15 hour drive from me. Sure Samsung can remotely access my device that they control and check for bugs in the firmware and device?
0 Likes
DJsMakeUp
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
I've sent lots. I sent 2 yesterday. So it's clearly a device issue. I live in Regional Queensland. Can you tell me where my nearest centre is? I live in Clare, about an hour south of Townsville. I have factory reset it myself and hasn't worked, which is why I'd rather go somewhere than post it off for a month for Samsung to factory reset it, send it back and then have to post it off again. I understand that this is policy for most phone companies, albeit severely outdated considering advancements in tech, but if I can go somewhere nearby that would be much more beneficial for me.
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @DJsMakeUp, unfortunately these error reports still have not come through. Are you receiving a notification that the error report has been sent before closing the app? 

0 Likes
DJsMakeUp
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
When the phone restarts itself I go straight into this member app and then the error notification comes up. If I don't go into the app. The notification doesn't come up
0 Likes