Original topic:

Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G Screen Peeling

(Topic created on: 03-15-2022 06:01 AM)
BigNutz
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi:

I replaced my Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G with a Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G, knowing I was giving up some elements of performance and camera quality, but needing a phone that was more compact and durable. Largely the Z Flip 3 has worked well and largely hasn't disappointed me, even though the folding screen tech is still maturing.

Then what I assume is a factory installed screen protector started to peel in the center of the lower ⅓rd of the screen. This makes sense as this is where my keyboard interface is located and used, so that area has the highest amount of expected user interface abrasion over time. That said, the phone is less than a year old, and it seemed like something which should have been addressed in the earlier iterations of this technology.

I started looking online to see if this was a common issue, and as I figured, it was. I had been hesitant to remove the rest of the screen protector up until today, based on not fully understanding what it was and whether or not it was a required component. I've owned dozens of Samsung Galaxy phones throughout the years, none of which had screen protectors installed by Samsung at the factory, so I just wasn't sure. Alas, after reading the experiences of many other people and realizing that it was only a protector, I elected to remove the rest of the protector this morning.

The phone's screen now looks like it did when it was brand new, and functions perfectly with the protector removed, so I'm pleased with that. However, I must think Samsung decided to include it from the factory for a reason. 

First Question: Is the screen protector covered under the US customer warranty?

Second Question: Had anyone else who pulled off their screen protector learned to regret doing so because of some issues moving forward?

Thanks!

BN

0 Likes
12 Comments
Galaxy Z
I have the z flip 3 and its peeling at the center fold as well. The screen protector is not covered by warranty. You can take it off but if you damage the screen you will be held liable. The screen protector can be replaced at the Samsung experience store. I think it's around $40
0 Likes
sonndamo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

So, I am having the same issue as the original poster. I went through Samsung's site to get it repaired and they directed me to either BestBuy or an Asurion Authorized repair center locally. Neither of them would touch it and advised me it needed to be mailed in for repair. So, I went back online to start that process and mail in for repair is over $100. Not to mention being without the phone for 3-5 days. Extremely disappointed to say the least. Crawling through forums like this one to see what other options I might be able to dig up.

0 Likes
Galaxy Z
Just for the screen protector? Or your screen is damaged?
Drskqc2234
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z

wow, je savais pas que samsung faisait ses z flip de même pis pas comme du monde. i will not buy because of samsung policies being deterrent. ouch.

0 Likes
Brantley
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, If your Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G is sold under International warranty then warranty will be covered (the specific countries and condition in the warranty card). Samsung Canada doesn't offer International Warranty. However if you imported your phone from other country and want to get it fixed in Canada then you may check with any Samsung service center near to your location and they will check and let you know if they have parts to fix it and it will be a paid service.

0 Likes
robvargus
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

My Galaxy Z 3Zip is starting to show a bubble in the screen protector at the fold as well.  It looks poor and I was wonder if there was adhesive I could put there to restore the dried out adhesive that I assume was there before.  The screen protector has worked great I'm disappointed that this isn't covered under warrantee.  I haven't call Samsung yet but will shortly and update this thread.

0 Likes
maythahla
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Well I did not realise it was a common issue, but I called Samsung when the screen protector started lifting up in the fold area. They immediately offered to repair it under warrantee, and gave me the choice of going to their flagship store in Central London, or send a courier to the house to collect. I chose collect. Done swiftly, now I am waiting for them to send it back to me - all free of charge.

Members_cxubVdu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

my flip 3 is a replacement as I had dead pixels and lines top to bottom. This one is only 3 months old and bubbled ,peeling from fold and now 80% black!  How will I be able to transfer to new phone?

0 Likes
kk99226
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

I wouldn't say I like the solution provided by Samsung, they want me to go to the service center and get the screen protection replaced. But whatever contacts were given to me none of them had screen protection.

And on top of that when I asked what will happen if the new screen protection will also peel off, the reply was we will help you at that time too. That means it will happen again and next time we have to pay from our pocket. **bleep**.... is going on with Samsung.
It was my worst mistake to buy a Flip 3.

I won't suggest anyone buy any Fold or Flip phones from Samsung

0 Likes