Original topic:

Galaxy Z Fold 2 still has a big problem - phone case

(Topic created on: 05-12-2021 07:24 AM)
khtannnnnnnnnn
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Z

I’ve been happily using the Galaxy Z Fold 2 since it launched, and it being my daily driver smartphone, I’ve gotten to know it pretty well in that time. There’s one issue that’s plagued me the entire time, though: There’s not a single truly good case option for the Galaxy Z Fold 2.

Foldables present a unique challenge to case makers because there’s no obvious way to provide full coverage. Moving parts make the process complicated both for protecting the device and for adhering the case to the device. Both are issues I’ve experienced with just about every case I’ve tried to date.

Over the past several months, I’ve tried a few cases specifically, and I figured it would be best to basically rank them from worst to best.

The worst case I tried was, somewhat predictably, a generic case purchased from eBay. The “AI Camera” case was very inexpensive, which is great, but the quality was lacking pretty much across the board. The texture isn’t comfortable, the fit is hard to put on and take off, and the front panel just doesn’t stay in place. Adding to the mix is the physical damage this case can cause, as some Redditors have noted. Cases for the Galaxy Z Fold 2 are too expensive, but I don’t advise cheaping out to this extent.

1 Comment
StaySafe
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Thanks for sharing
0 Likes