Original topic:

Gesture keys (Fold 3)

(Topic created on: 03-08-2022 01:14 AM)
Tyilak13
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z
How do I stop my phone from occasionally switching the bottom gesture keys around? 
Occasionally, the back button becomes the app switcher and vice versa.
This is very irritating as at times I want to go back a page, I swipe up, but end up in the running apps screen, and when I go back to the app, the app refreshes and I lose progress (depending on the app).
I have the back button set to left as that's how I've grown to using Android over the years. But, as mentioned, it occasionally reverts to Samsung's default (back on the right), and after the aforementioned happens, the phone "realises" and switches back, for it to happen again in a few hours...

I don't want to format my phone just yet as I'll need to deactivate and reset all my 2FA apps and 2FA codes (yes, I have an old phone as a backup, but every time I reinstall the 2FA apps, I hafto start fresh with new codes and it's time consuming)
This has been happening since out of the box so it may need to be an option, and yes, my phone is up to date.
Reason why I had formatted it previously already, was when I used Smart Switch, it brought a couple bugs with it from the old phone (S10) that I was having on it. Warranting a format.

Apart from the primary teething issue (gesture keys), I'm loving the fold.

Device: Z Fold 3
0 Likes
5 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hey @Tyilak13, that's really strange. Have you tried going into:

Settings > Display > Navigation bar and selected Swipes / Button order? 

If you have and the issue persists, please send through an error report for our team to investigate further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

0 Likes
Tyilak13
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
From the start I had the button order set with back to the left. The issue has been happening since launch (purchased during the pre order phase). I may need to wait for the issue to happen again as it's impossible to reproduce on purpose as it's completely random, in order to generate a reliable log. I do apologise for the delay in response and any further delays. Screenshot_20220301-202046_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220301-202100_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Tyilak13
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Just happened. Doing the thing
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @Tyilak13 that is strange. When this happens, please send through an error report as mentioned above for our team to investigate.  

0 Likes
Tyilak13
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
I had ckicked send error report, but I guess I didn't do it right.
I just not long updated to Android 12, so I'm hoping a whole new os might fix. Hasn't happened yet to me knowledge on 12.
0 Likes