Original topic:

Google Assistant does not work on cover screen

(Topic created on: 02-15-2024 05:48 PM)
Nochur
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z
Flip 5 Google Assistant asks to flip open the phone to process a request. Even simple routines like turning on a light needs thebcover screen to be opened. Google Assistant is supposed to be hands free, atleast for simple commands. With the flip closed I cant even make a phone call using voice. 

Yes, my assistant works fine when the phone is locked and the flip is open.

Something for the deleopers to solve.

Thanks
5 Comments
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi Nochur, thank you for your valuable feedback. We will communicate this to the relevant team. However, since this is more of a Google-related issue, we also recommend you submit your feedback in the Google app to notify the developers at Google. 

Nochur
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Hello, I have gone ahead and submitted feedback to the developers at Google. I am hoping that between Samsung and Google, you'll get a resolve. Hope this does not become a 'not my problem' it's them ' scenario.
Jnovak9999
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

You can temporarily fix this by removing updates from the Google app.  The only caveat is that once the Google App updates, you need to remove the udpates again.  I too submitted to Google, but there is a temporary work-around if needed.

Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Galaxy Z
Nicely done!
0 Likes
Nochur
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
@Jnovak999, The temporary fix worked. I will keep a watch for updates and keep removing them for now until there is a permanent fix. Thanks once again for the timely help.