Original topic:

Issues with z fold 4.

(Topic created on: 09-03-2022 10:37 AM)
Deak79
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
I received the z fold 4 two days ago in Australia and 2 issues have shown itself.

1. There is a red pixel that lights up just above the under display camera on the main screen. It lights up when scrolling something red, pink or orange near it. I took it to a phone dealer and we looked ar rhe display unit and it was exactly the same. Does everyone have this issue?

2. My phone is not charging wirslessly beyond 21%. For the last 2 nights I have put it on my samsung wireless charger trio and when I wake up it is only at 21%.

Does anyone have any ideas?
0 Likes
6 Comments
Galaxy Z
Hey there,

I've had the Fold 4 for about 2 weeks now and no issues so far.

Battery charges nicely up yo 100% and pixels seems fine on my Under Display Camera.
Like you can see the individual pixels in the area of the Camera, but it's not like a fault or anything on my end.
0 Likes
Naschylobo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
These sound like hardware issues. Maybe get in contact with Samsung directly.
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
Just a comment, you received it "in Australia", do you mean you bought an Australian model, or a grey model by post? If the latter then you will have problems, like I do, with getting service. Basically not supporting other models is poor policy as I have other Samsung products bought locally and I am p...d off. I do understand though as the local company doesn't profit from your purchase.
0 Likes
Deak79
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
No, I live in Australia. The phone is Australian stock.
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
Google the following as the search identifies several possibilities not related to the phone itself
reasons samsung phone only partially charges
0 Likes
SamsungJon
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @Deak79, from what you have described, I would recommend sending an error report through the Samsung Members app so that our team can take a look into the issue remotely.

To send an error report: go into Samsung Members > tap on Get help > scroll down to Error Reports > tap OK on the agreement popup for sending system log data > select the issue category > describe the issue and frequency > tick ‘send system log data’ > tap send in the top right.

Please make sure that you keep Samsung Members open after you send the error report, as it takes some time for log data to send through.

It is recommend that you send these error reports within 3 minutes of the issue occurring to assist in identifying any potential deviations in your device performance.

Once it has been assessed by our team, you will receive a response via the Samsung Members app which can be viewed by clicking the notification bell.

0 Likes