Original topic:

My fold 4 can't receive or sent mms

(Topic created on: 09-19-2022 07:08 PM)
DrMuscle
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy Z
 Hi: I Can't send mms through fold4 neither receive mms, anyone knows how to fix it? Data is on, Is it could be carrier`s problem? I even reset the phone.
6 Comments
Galaxy Z
By reset, you mean factory resetting the phone? Which carrier are you using?
DrMuscle
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Z
Yes factory resetting and carrier is Telstra
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
I'm not using Telstra currently so can't test. Maybe others can help.

Assuming you are only using data (wifi turned off) and still having issue with mms (sms fine?), some things you can check;
1. Try this suggestion from Telstra site - https://mobilesupport.telstra.com.au/samsung/galaxy-z-fold3-5g-android-11-0/messaging-email/i-can-t-...
2. Or check your network APN, make sure all settings are correct. You can google what's the default value for MMS for Telstra or how to set it up manually.
3. Maybe try using Google Messages instead of Samsung's (if you are encountering the issue here)
4. Or just enable/use RCS. It's better and secure anyway. If you are sending to an Android phone, they will receive it. If sending to an iPhone, they will receive it as MMS.
Kelgold
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

What is RCS?  I am having the same issue.  There are so many messenger apps I dont know which one to use.

I dispatch multiple drivers on my phone so its imperitive that I can send and receive MMS.

0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z

Hey @Kelgold

RCS means Rich Communication Services. 

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analyzed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Support > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @DrMuscle, that's strange. Could you send through an error report for this to be looked into? Please mention that you have already done a factory reset and mobile data is enabled.

I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.