Original topic:

Pre-order nightmare terrible customer service

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 04:14 PM)
dojo1
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z

So I ordered the Z Fold 3 on 21 August. So far 2 weeks in no confirmation email, no proof of purchase (tax invoice or receipt), 4 phone conversations with Samsung Call Centre representatives and despite many promises they don't call back nor have they resolved the issue. Apparently my order is stuck in their system. After spending over $2,000 on a phone the after sales experience with Samsung is absolutely horrendous. I should have bought the iphone 13 instead as I have been an iphone user in the past and Apple's service is top notch. If you are considering buying the Z Fold 3 using Samsung's online shop - DONT' DO IT you will regret it if something goes wrong and no one from Samsung is ready or willing to help you. What a bad experience I'm looking at filing a complaint with the ACCC

13 Comments
SamsungJon
Options
Galaxy Z

I'm very sorry to hear about the experience you have had so far. Please check your direct messages as I have sent you a message so that I can investigate this. 

Galaxy Z
I didn't receive confirmation email either.
However, I could log into my account and see my order and download my invoice.

I have received confirmation emails in the past though, so this could have been a legit bug.

Besides the lack of confirmation email, I'm happy with this online purchase so far.

Can also see the status of my order, which was updated Wednesday to Dispatched and the time line shows On The Way.
dojo1
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z

Thanks for sharing your experience. Unfortunately I can’t even download an invoice and the status is stuck on processing. Samsung confirmed that the order is stuck in their system and it’s an issue with their web developer. For a billion dollar company charging premium prices it’s simply unacceptable for them to give customers a run around like this 

0 Likes
dojo1
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z

UPDATE 3/09/21: Spoke with 5th call centre agent and then her manager who have been more helpful. Expecting a call before close of business today after they consult with Samsung Australia. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best let's see

Galaxy Z
Hope they sort it for you.

It's rather strange, because from what I noted earlier, I've had no contact from Samsung about my order, though at least I can check the status online when I log in.

However, I've received no tracking number or anything, and I just got a notification from Aus Post that my order arrived at their Chullora Depot at 3am this morning.

Clearly there's some major bug affecting Samsung's website.

Edit: Star Track/Aus Post are funny. Online tracking shows due for delivery today. Guess that's not gonna happen.
Though Aus Post did recently say their doing drops 7 days now due to the explosion of online orders and the lock downs.
Maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow.

Edit 2: for others who pre ordered, if you have an Aus Post account, log into the app and see if your delivery pops up in the app, like mine has.
dojo1
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Thanks for your message. I wish I had a tracking number right about now. Samsung said there it is unlikely they are shipping before 8 September so there you go. Another miscommunication. I hope you get your phone though. I have been a huge fan of foldables and it's gut wrenching that my pre order has ended up in a digital wasteland
Galaxy Z
I wouldn't blame Samsung for that, as I was told the same.

Aus Post is stopping all e-commerce collections for several days due to overload, so this may be why some have gone out early.

As for tracking number, I only know it due to the notification from the Aus Post app.

In any case, despite Aus Post/Star Track advising delivery today, it's still sitting at the Chullora Depot.
0 Likes
Kombatsd
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
I had the same message and I received my Fold 3 a few hours later. I'm just waiting on a case to arrive as you just can't use the phone without a case!
Galaxy Z
Mines still sitting at the Star Track depot.
So much for Aus Post being overloaded and working weekends to catch up 🤷

Yeah, I haven't decided on a case yet, maybe the Samsung leather in green, or a clear case from either Spigen or Ringke.