Original topic:

Recent apps only show system apps after UI4 update

(Topic created on: 07-05-2022 08:26 PM)
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Z
I finally did the UI4 update on my z fold 2. I held off as long as i could because I knew there were issues with the update and sure enough there were 3 additional updates.  Unfortunately none of them were fixes for this issue.  My recent apps no longer shows my recent apps. It only shows system apps, even though I haven't used them. How do I get my actually used recent apps to show up again?  Samsung's "customer service" response was that updates improve user experience....excuse me, but no, this wasn't broken and is definitely not an improvement.
0 Likes
15 Comments
Galaxy Z
Yes, is the Samaung Members app is a recent app? Or your question is only showing 1 recent app, not bunch of them?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

The Samsung Members app, is NOT a System app, it's a user installed app. Just FYI. 

If you closed any other open recent apps, other than Samsung Members, AND if you hadn't selected any other apps to "keep Open / locked" then you would only see Samsung Members app in Recents. 

0 Likes
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
Sorry Tallman and RedDogRabbit.... I didn't want to hunt for the message to reply and just minimized the Samsung members app with the first picture. This second screenshot shows what I mean. The tray of apps at the bottom are only system apps and not the apps I recently use, Samsung members for example. I closed the Samsung members app just before I took this image. Before the UI4 update the Samsung members app would have been in the tray at the bottom. Now it isnt.Screenshot_20220705-233152_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
Weirdly....the tray is now showing my recently used apps again. I guess I just needed to be patient?? Screenshot_20220708-090155_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Did you Reboot or something. Sometimes for a change to take effect, you need to Reboot the device. 

0 Likes
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
Nope.....I didn't do anything. I just noticed that they were showing up this morning.