Original topic:

Repair turnaround communication

(Topic created on: 01-24-2024 05:14 AM)
Worny
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z
Hi, my fold 4 has been I a status of "completed" for a few days now but zero communication on when it is being sent back to me. Tried support and they just tell me what I already know.

Anyone else have and en experience with this? It's at the repair centre in Sydney and I used the mail in service from Melbourne. 

It was sent in 9 days ago
0 Likes
2 Comments
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
My experience for a Sydney repair is that they subcontract repairs to an independent company. For some reason the repair wsn't started until I rang up some weeks later. Then Samsung gave me high priority support and it was fixed and repaired and mailed back in one day (by the subcontractor). What this means for you is that the sub-contractor might be at fault. What this means for you is to be very polite to Samsung support and ask questions like can you check where it is, is there anyway you can prioritise it, is it with a sub-contractor? We never know the causes of a delay, staff on leave, too high a wait-list from overload, etc. Ideally you want to persuade Support to want to help you so giving reasons why it is important, not ringing at 9am, lunchtime or 1/2 an hour before closing are things that can help. 9 days would not be unreasonable normally but not when the work has been in the completed status for a few days. Being aggressive means they will follow the rule book, especially if a complaint is likely. Samsung is huge, compartmentalised so staff can't help across different areas.
Worny
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Thanks for your response. Yes it seems that way. Given I've spent probably $10k on samsung devices in past 5 years you would expect more. No wonder people stick with Apple

The support team just told me it will take up to 3 days to get a response from the repair centre.. ***??
0 Likes