Original topic:

Ridiculous customer service for faulty device.

(Topic created on: 09-14-2021 11:52 AM)
godsho
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
Preordered the Fold 3 on August 26th for the preorder bonus. The device finally ships and the power button is loose. Spoke with live chat and was bounced to Online Shop. Agent advises that I can get a replacement but I will lose the discounted preorder price as well as all the bonus items since the preorder is over. How does a company this big offer such abhorrent customer support?
21 Comments
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
Wait they sent you a faulty device and they want to change the price your going to pay? If the preorder was done i understand that they don't want to give you the bonus gifts.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Actually, I disagree they should have no change in price, AND they should still get the promotion.

The person purchased the device in good faith & they can't be penalised & lose out on the promotion, because Samsung sent them a defective product, something of which they have no control of. 

KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
I agree with you i thought they ordered after the promotion was done
godsho
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z

So it turns out there was some deception or laziness involved. Finally managed to get the exchange process started.

I was advised by chat that this is technically considered a return and a fresh purchase. This means I need to return the preorder items and original purchase price and purchase it again without the bonus items and discount.

It sounded like the most absurd process, especially since I received the buds and pen only. The charging pad still hasn't been shipped out. How would I even ship back an item that I haven't received, but is considered "dispatched?"

My issue was a loose power button that made clicking noises at the slightest touch. None of the demos I've seen had this issue. The agent wanted me to take a picture of the defect, but how do I even provide evidence of clicking noises in a single image?

After a bunch of back and forth, I asked for a supervisor since this was simply unacceptable. Suddenly, the agent was magically able to process an exchange and my preorder items and preorder price would not be impacted. Perhaps Samsung needs to do some QA for their live chats because I've never seen an exchange process take 2 hours just going back and forth over the same point.

Overall, I'm very disappointed with Samsung. The product looks great and is very innovative. However, when it comes to getting any type of support, it seems like they outsourced to the lowest bidder and it clearly shows.

Sorry for the rant.

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Samsung's Chat Support is notoriously ill informed & generally less than stellar in the service, support & knowledge that they attempt to provide. 

I'd rather spent a week attempting to herd cats, than 2 minutes with Samsung Support. I believe that I'd be more successful with the cats & have a greater sense of satisfaction. 

KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
Try calling your carrier its all the same unqualified people working for these companies
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

I've actually been pretty lucky with Rogers, but I never needed to call them for technical support, & the most glaring error was resolved in less than 10 minutes.

I was going to Cuba & called prior to going to ask Rogers about voice & data costs in Cuba.

I don't remember some of the specifics, but I think that it was something like $100 for x amount of call minutes & x amount of data.

When I got my next bill, Rogers had charged me something over $700.

I called Rogers & explained that I had spoken with (I write down the names of CSRs just in case) that I had called prior to my trip & was told it would cost x. The first CSR immediately transferred me to her supervisor who confirmed the notes in my account & promptly adjusted my bill, all in under 10 minutes. 

KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
Well I'm with Videotron here in Montreal and if you pick to speak to a English representative they're usually located somewhere in south America and their English is very hard to understand them. I guess i haven't been lucky with some of the representatives.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Yeah with Rogers, I seem to usually speak with someone in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia, rarely Toronto.

East Coasters are some of the nicest Canadians! 🙂