cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Care+ with Z Fold3 (Positive Experience)

(Topic created on: 05-07-2022 06:21 PM)
FrankGPani
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Z
Wanted to share that I'm glad Samsung Care+ was bundled with my Z Fold3 when I bought it and how it worked out well for me. Recently, I noticed a patch of bright pixels on my main/inner folding screen near folding area. I don't baby my phone but I didn't drop anything on the inner screen either. Nothing major but you can imagine the irritation when using the main screen, especially for dark displays.
So I activated Samsung Care+ via the support chat and they arranged for a technician to my home with parts and tools (fella carried 2 bags, including a trolley luggage). He swapped out the inner screen of my Z Fold3 on my dining table. Whole thing was like a major organ transplant and took about 2hrs and I didn't lose any data.

As the phone was still under warranty and the technican confirmed there was no signs of physical damage to the screen, it was FOC. Otherwise the screen replacement would have cost S$659 for the inner screen (https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mobile-devices/what-are-the-recommended-pricing-for-galaxy-smartp...) or half-price under Samsung Care+.

The only unpleasant part was that the team handling appointment scheduling was very disorganised. It took them 3 phone calls over different days by different members to confirm the date (after they changed it once last minute) and they never once sent me any confirmation of the appointment as promised via text or email.

A nice bonus is that the inner screen replacement is part of a larger set of parts (maybe that's why it costs so much) which include new frame and a brand new set of batteries (Yes!!). Either way, I'm going to be extra careful with my inner screen going forward.
3 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
But doesn't count towards the Care+, right? 😁 And the transplant include the back glass, with camera housing as well?
0 Likes
FrankGPani
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z

The home service should count to towards the Samsung Care+. Just like the 50% savings on out-of-warranty repair and free screen protective film replacement, it is stated as 'one-time'. I don't know how each count works for the 24mth vs 12mth Samsung Care+.  I only have the 12mth package myself and figured I might as well utilise the home service while I have it. Don't intend to use it ever again (hopefully!).

JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Oh.. yeah anyway, I saw that the home service is only once per 1 year duration. For 24m, will be 2 home services.. of cos.. I hope never ever have to utilise these 2 services at all.
0 Likes