Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Care+

(Topic created on: 04-24-2022 05:51 PM)
JP19
Expert Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
Anyone knows whether Care+ starts counting from the time I start activating it? Or the date of purchase?

As for Apple, I know that it starts counting from the time I purchase the Care+. So in total, I get 2 years and 2 months (interim 2 months without Apple Care+ support).

Just water damaged my Note 10+ LCD. Not worth to replace new original LCD. Quoted $328 for LCD replacement.
14 Comments
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Galaxy Z
If I am not wrong, it will be from the date of purchase.. btw, if you have registered it, you may check out in Samsung Members apps, Get Help
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Oh I see.. that means not like Apple, count from the time customer registers for Care+. I usually wait till going to expire, then purchase. In a way, additional 2 months of support, since new devices won't get damaged during the 60-day window.
0 Likes
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Galaxy Z
I see. Thanks for sharing, I have never use apple products, so isn't sire how that works.

For mine, samsung bundled free 1 yr samsung care+ for my purchase.. hence this is my understanding in terms of the start date. We can probably hear from ppl here to contribute and confirm.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Ah I see.. I just bought the Z Fold 3, will also be getting the bundled free 1 yr Samsung Care+.. :)

So, hope that anyone who knows whether the start date of the Care+ will be based on the date of phone purchase or customer's time of purchase of the Care+.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Anyway, thanks for sharing. 😉
Galaxy Z
I suppose the official is start date of your phone purchase.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Ah I see.. okay thanks. Cos I actually wanted more coverage for my foldable, since its durability is lower compared to rigid phones.
0 Likes
MichaelSYQ
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z

100% your purchase date or the invoice date.

JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
2 days ago, I activated my Care+. I put my purchase date as 25th Apr, which is the day my device arrived. Then 2 days ago, on the 26th Apr, I activated my Care+. Then the duration starts from 26th Apr 2022 to 26th Apr 2023. So most likely, it's based on activation date of Care+.

That could save some extra days of Care+, provided within the 30 days, have to ensure that the phone has no issues.
0 Likes