Original topic:

Samsung Fold 3 display issue

(Topic created on: 10-19-2022 02:56 PM)
sg43
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z
Hi, I have this fold 3 which I purchased online and got Care+ for 2 years. I am still under first year manufacturer warranty and have been facing issue with fold display.  I switched from note series to fold which I regret now. 

Not sure if this is issue with display screen or the screen protector but entire centre portion of the screen is all distorted and coming off. Its like a wave now and I literally can't type properly as its lifting up. When I close the phone, I hear cracking sound as if screen is gone. There has been no damage nothing till date as its been in original samsung case and this happened automatically. 

I called samsung and the rep advised me to take it to samsung store which I did specially after driving 40 kms. The support person there looked at the phone and told that is issue with screen protector and is need replacement but its out of stock and don't know when it will be available. I asked for a loaner phone and they declined as they ran out of those as well. Now I am stuck with this phone which I can't use theain screen and its so difficult to type on front screen. 

Buying this most expensive piece of **bleep** which is not even year old but no one knows when it will be fixed and how long will it stay. 

Any suggestions or recommendations as I am not sure what to do. 

Thank you!
0 Likes
9 Comments
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
This happened to me last month and I thought it was the screen protector but then found out it was the whole screen and I was lucky enough that they did it in a day. To be honest with you I think they gave me a new phone because the serial number wasn't the same. The only thing to do call the service center and you'll get a service ticket through your email when you get this call them and find out when they get the piece that the phone needs and bring it in when it's available and you should consider buying a cheap phone as a emergency phone I've always kept one just in case something like this happens. Good luck and keep us posted with your situation.
sg43
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Thanks for sharing your experience. I made a worst decision to switch to this fold series. Have been with Samsung from last 10 yrs and it seems time to move on. Searching for another phone now.
0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
I agree , I've been with Samsung from the beginning and after my experience with the fold 3 I'll be sticking with regular phones until they finally get it right
0 Likes
sg43
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Here is what happens with Samsung Support chatScreenshot_20221019_104929_Chrome_1000001923_1666201769.jpg
0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
Isn't there a service center near you? If yes call them
0 Likes
sg43
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
I did call the support centre but they declined any help as I am in queue for the same. Lol

I am not the only one
0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
Wow sorry to hear that I guess I was very lucky with my phone
0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, we certainly understand your situation, but it is always safe to get the screen protector replaced by the Authorized service technician.

You can ship your device by contacting our Live chat team by using the link given below.

So that they can help you further with the door to door service by creating a ticket.

Door-to-door service is a convenient and safe pick-up service solution from Samsung for servicing Samsung Products.

If you choose door-to-door service, a free shipping label can be emailed to you.

You can contact FedEx to schedule a device pickup from your home and have it shipped to for repair. The repaired device will be shipped back to you once the service is completed.

The turnaround time for door-to-door service is 3-5 business days and may vary depending on distance, weather and other factors.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/contact/#contactinfo

0 Likes
sg43
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
I have shipped the device since Nov 26 but no update since. The device was shows delivered on fedex website but the repair status shows waiting to repair the phone. Not sure how long will it take to fix this.
0 Likes