Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung trick

(Topic created on: 03-16-2023 12:38 PM)
jjtan
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z
When buying flip 3 in 2022 Aug I was told within 1 year I can change the screen protector for free,when visit the service center I was told to pay $38 for the screen protector. 
0 Likes
6 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Hi, u must have the Care+ coverage. U can check under Support and scroll down to Samsung Care+. If not, basic warranty doesn't provide this service.
0 Likes
jjtan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
The information provided is misleading when purchasing this product it .
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Hi, this is the clause by Samsung for basic warranty.Screenshot_20230316_141000_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
And this is the clause for Care+. Sorry not that I support Samsung or anything. However, it's a known fact that basic warranty regardless of whichever brand, has never covered screen protector damage, unless specifically stated.

Whereas, for Care+, it specifically states that screen protector film is complimentary for up to 1 time for 1 year coverage and twice for 2 years coverage.Screenshot_20230316_141020_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
geekzmotech
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Sad to hear this because there's ongoing 1 year complimentary coverage for Flip 3 & Fold 3 before the launch of Flip 4 & Fold 4 last September. The clause is you have to activate within 30 days of purchase FROM Samsung stores, telcos or authorised dealers.

https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mobile-devices/register-free-samsung-care-plus/

P.S. I did raised the question on warranty differences on this platform before too. Explained by JP19 too. 😂
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Yes sadly, they don't auto-register Care+ upon setting up the device, which I understand why too, as the Care+ coverage won't begin until u register for it. If u register on the last day of the Care+ eligibility, the Care+ will commence on that date and end 1 year later.

For mine, I received my ZF3 on 29th Apr last year and I registered on the last day of Care+ eligibility and bought the 2nd year Care+, the Care+ started from that date I registered and the end date will be 2 years from that date.