Original topic:

Samsung wallet language

(Topic created on: 04-11-2024 07:31 PM)
BenIguess
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z
I've got this strange issue with my z flip 5 where my samsung wallet is all in a foreign language, I suspect mandarin?? All my samsung reward coupons are for foreign stores and I can't read anything on the "contact us for support" page since it's all in that same foreign language 😭 how can I fix this???
6 Comments
Galaxy Z
Have a screen shot?
Where did you buy the phone?
BenIguess
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
I bought it from an app called Kogan, and it said they would remove the device from its sealed packaging to apply the screen protector and update the software to its current level. I managed to follow a YouTube tutorial because originally, the entire phone was in this language however I managed to set it to English and factory reset the phone just to be safe. It works fine now, and the only app which still has signs of this language is the wallet...
0 Likes
BenIguess
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Here are some screenshots of where it shows this language 1712831593174.jpg1712831593176.jpg1712831593183.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
Yes, Kogan is known for selling grey/parallel imports.

Are you able to use Samsung Wallet and add Australian cards?
I didn't think this was possible, as each region has its own framework and generally didn't work in other counties with "foreign" payment cards.

Unfortunately, there's no way around it that I'm aware of with the language issue.
0 Likes
BenIguess
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Alright then, thank yoy for your help. Yes, Im able to add my Australian card on the wallet app :)
iftt
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
Yeah you probably have to reapply an Australian ROM on it.
0 Likes