Original topic:

Samsung Z Fold3 screen bubble/wear?

(Topic created on: 02-20-2022 05:17 PM)
QuanNguyennn
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
Anyone else have this kind of screen wear on their Fold3? I've had mine since launch and honestly I'm not particularly happy with it :(

It's right along the fold of the phone. It's slowly starting to gather dust and things like that from normal use. 

9 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Is that a ridge in the screen? 

27 October 2021 170558 GMT-0400.jpg

27 October 2021 170650 GMT-0400.jpg

0 Likes
QuanNguyennn
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Yeah, that's been there since I got the phone and I thought that was normal
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

I don't have the Fold 3, but I don't think that it's normal to see that. 

It's also possible that it's the pre-installed Samsung Screen Protector that is lifting? 

I'd go to a Samsung Service center & get them to look at it. 

You could also go to a retail outlet, & ask if you could just look at what they have in the shop, See if it's the same as what you see on yours.

But it doesn't look right to me. 

QuanNguyennn
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
From my understanding the ridge is pretty normal (video reviewers call it a "crease" on the phone). I do think it's the pre-installed screen protector that's lifting here, but that kind of makes it worse :( I thought it'd stay for a while. I don't particularly want to drive out of town to my nearest Samsung place
0 Likes
bunchesinoz
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Same thing is happening on mine.  Going to samsung store today. Will report back. 

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, Just to confirm., Do you have a screen protector?

0 Likes
QuanNguyennn
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Hi Georgine, I have not bought any additional/3rd party ones. I believe there's one on the Fold3 when you purchase it and I've left it as is. I've done nothing to my phone at all beyond put this leather case on it
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Z
That's just the pre-installed screen protector. It happens. You can either go to a Samsung store and have them replace to a new one. It's supposed to be free. At least for the fold 2, it was.

If not, you can actually buy a 3rd party screen protector on amazon and install it yourself.

Don't worry, it doesn't mess up the screen or anything. I've done it many times.

On my fold 2 before, the pre-installed screen protector did that since the beginning too. It's annoying and I just went duuu maaaa 🤣

But luckily, the one on my fold 3 is doing fine so far.

What you could do, if there's not too much dust under, try pushing it down with your finger, hold it for about 30 secs, and try leaving your phone opened for at least 24hrs for it to adhere well.

The movement of opening and closing the screen on the protector makes it not stick well.
QuanNguyennn
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
I lmao'ed at the "duuu maaaa" haha

Yeah I'm pretty confident it's just the preinstalled screen protector so I guess I'll go to a Samsung place and get it patched up

I've tried to hold the bubble down for a few seconds here and there but it pops back up, so I think it's a lost cause. I'll try the 24hr wait though

I just hope this posts makes other current/prospective Fold3 users aware that this may happen