Original topic:

Samsung Z Fold3 Serious Screen Air Bubble

(Topic created on: 10-30-2021 03:16 PM)
QuanNguyennn
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
I posted in here pretty recently about a small air pocket at the fold of my new Fold3, and just today it snapped out and expanded all across the crease.

I've had this phone since launch, but that's only been 2 months? I'm pretty upset. I don't use my phone beyond at work as a salesperson and at home for media consumption.

Please be weary if you're looking towards a Fold3.

Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Z
Have you tried to see if it might be covered by warranty
I realize it is a long shot with Samsung Canada's record of obvious lack of help for the products they sell but is possible if only on our dreams🤣🤣
QuanNguyennn
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
I gave them a call and they quoted me like $850 CAD. I'm pretty chapped because I'm pretty sure manufacturers warranty covers device breakdown over normal use

I'm very very livid
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Z
Don't blame you
Explain to them that this is part of the one year warranty that they supposedly provide.🤔😤
Besides the fact that it would likely be pennies to replace with original cost of the phone😡
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi QuanNguyennn, I suggest you to get your device examined by the service technician.

For In-warranty: If you need service support for your Samsung products, we will arrange a convenient and safe pick-up service solution at your home. Contact us at 1-800-SAMSUNG, LIVE CHAT or text WECARE (932273) and we will assist in diagnosing your device through Samsung Remote Service. We will also arrange service pick-up and delivery if repair is required and will clean your product prior to delivery. If service pick-up is required, you will receive a FedEx shipping waybill from our agents via email. Once you have received your waybill, please schedule a convenient pick-up time for your device at your home by calling FedEx at 1-800-GoFedEx (1-800-463-3339). The health and safety of our customers, employees and partners remain our top priority. For all services requiring pick-up and delivery, please see https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/coronavirus.html for details on how FedEx is responding to COVID-19. Samsung will pay for the cost of shipping by FedEx from your home to the service centre and from the service back to your home. For repairs that are under the manufacturer’s warranty, there is no charge for the service to perform the repair for In-Warranty devices.

For Out of warranty: For repairs that are Out-of-Warranty, our Authorized Service Centre will determine the repair required and contact you with a repair quote and you will pay the service centre directly. In certain circumstances, an inspection fee may apply for any refused repair quotations.

0 Likes
QuanNguyennn
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Excuse my language here but isn't this literally an in warranty issue? I've used the phone normally and this is a defect of workmanship under normal use. This shouldn't be an out of warranty repair.

For those wondering, I called the numbers and Samsung Care + doesn't cover for this screen protector either for whatever reason - if for whatever reason I wanted to pay a service fee for this. I can't even give Samsung my money to fix this.
0 Likes
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
A friend just had this happen to his phone, we don't have samsung stores here but he went to Samsung authorized repair place and they said it's the screen protector just lifted from center, they don't replace them and call samsung,he did they said it's not warranty not covered at all. He also has the 2 year warranty. The one tech said if he pulls it off and puts a third party it voids warranty lol. He called back that tech said if u want warranty then break the screen haha he said and then get a replacement.
0 Likes
Fpnyc71
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

I am so mad! I have the phone 7 months same exact problem and they are telling me it's LCD damage $518 dollars. It's normal wear and tear from a product defect! Can't wait to dump Samsung $2000 and they won't even fix their own problem 

0 Likes
Issic
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

This happened to my phone today. What was your solution?

0 Likes
QuanNguyennn
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
I took off the pre-installed screen protector and installed a 3rd party one

I contacted Samsung in VARIOUS departments and I came to the conclusion that this screen protector isn't covered by manufacturers warranty. Not much you can do besides go to your nearest Samsung place and set up camp
0 Likes
WinnipegJohn
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
That's just ridiculous. Mine started to bubble today at the hinge. I have had it since September and have not been the least bit rough with it. Plus there is no Samsung store here.
0 Likes