Original topic:

Samsung Z Fold3 Serious Screen Air Bubble

(Topic created on: 10-30-2021 01:13 PM)
QuanNguyennn
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
I posted in here pretty recently about a small air pocket at the fold of my new Fold3, and just today it snapped out and expanded all across the crease.

I've had this phone since launch, but that's only been 2 months? I'm pretty upset. I don't use my phone beyond at work as a salesperson and at home for media consumption.

Please be weary if you're looking towards a Fold3.

29 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Not saying they are bad phones but im not going anywhere near foldables for now. I just couldn't get used to that crease and reliability in the long run is a concern for me.
QuanNguyennn
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
I put a little faith and took the jump to foldables, hoping it'd work out. I really hope I can get past this, but if not it'll be a fad that I'll dismiss again :(
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Yup, not for all the tea in China, as they say. 

Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Z

From your pictures it looks like it is just the screen protector that has bubbled up and broken so should not be an expensive fix

QuanNguyennn
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
It shouldn't be an expense in the first place I hope, I've literally used the phone normally without any stress on it. Sorry if I sound mad, don't mean to take it out on you lol

I do believe it's the pre-installed screen protector though, so I'll have to visit a nearby Samsung place
Galaxy Z
You could also try a third party screen protector. I heard that some of them are better than the one from Samsung. But it might also be a bit complicated to install it perfectly on the screen.
0 Likes
RR_Tower88
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
https://www.whitestonedome.com/collections/z3/products/dome-silk-samsung-galaxy-z-fold-3-utg-screen-... this is one to check out (I was looking into them because I had the flip 3) but they may not be available at the moment and possibly pricey. The hinge became loose within 3 days on the flip and I returned it and went back to the note series. The pre-installed screen protector felt cheap and was a dust and fingerprint collector. Have a good one
0 Likes
QuanNguyennn
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
I'm not opposed to trying a 3rd party screen protector, I'm mainly upset that it took maybe 2 months of completely normal use to get this screen protector ruined

I'd really rather not pay ~$20 every 2 months to just see my phone screen correctly
Ingaure
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

It cost ~80 $ in Norway..

0 Likes