Original topic:

Screen Protector for Front Glass Z Fold 3

(Topic created on: 09-10-2022 12:43 PM)
TuTenkamun
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z
Why can't I get a simple screen protector for the FRONT screen on my Galaxy Z Fold 3?

Support tell me they are not free, like the inner folding one. They can't even tell me if the part is available. Suggested I Wipe my phone and send it in for repair, just to replace the front glass screen protector. I could replace it myself in 60 seconds, IF I could get one.

Great product Samsung, but your support is atrocious!
0 Likes
8 Comments
Kombatsd
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
I think you can buy after market ones.
0 Likes
TuTenkamun
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z
I tried buying aftermarket ones. MAXShield ones from ebay didn't fit the screen and were far too thick. I tried other ones that feel like plastic. So I tried Samsung directly and they say they cannot say whether they can even replace or sell me one. For a $2500 AUD product they promised us "Concierge Support". All we get is jack S*%>
0 Likes
Kombatsd
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
Sorry to hear mate. Yah, a bit poor from Samsung not having the screen protector for owners.
0 Likes
TuTenkamun
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z
Called the Concierge Service for Z Devices. They told me the same thing "We cannot sell you a Front Screen Protector. You will have to WIPE YOUR PHONE and ship it to Samsung for repair"
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
Do the following words mean anything to you? They come from a review:
"However, this is a form of window dressing. There’s no revolutionary new inner screen construction in the Galaxy Z Fold 3. It still has a non-removable plastic screen protector that covers a layer of extremely fragile ultra-thin glass." and is it relevant to the front? Were you in effect looking for an additional front screen protector? I suggest both a lot of Googling but also YouTube videos which seem to show replacement but might include the model names of the screen protectors they are using. Do you have a VPN? Setting the country to Singaporeor Hong Kong might bring up extra search results.
0 Likes
TuTenkamun
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z
I just need a simple protector for the front, non-bendy glass. Same as you would put on any standard, non-bendy phone. I will continue my search online. I'm just surprised that Samsung are incapable of helping.
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
While not supported by Samsung, I'm using a Whitestone Dome EZ glass protector for my Fold3 cover screen.

Fits perfect and is clear of the official Samsung case I'm using.

Hope that helps.
0 Likes
fredey
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
I got a tempered glass cover off ebay fits perfectly and also works well cost $10aud from sydney
0 Likes