Original topic:

Screen protector not covered under care+ 🤔

(Topic created on: 05-30-2023 05:09 PM)
erizzle22
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Z
So hopefully someone at samsung can reach out to me but today my screen protector the one that comes pre installed on every z flip 4 and is part of the phone decided to slowly work its way apart from the screen from the left side to the right side right where the crease is and also does it every time I open the phone it slowly separates and sometimes there is a popping sound as it pops off the display underneath. I also have samsung care+. I was chatting with samsung for hours and was about to send the phone away until I was told it is not covered under their limited warranty and falls under an accessory. I told her I had care+ also. Bought the phone Sept 9th last year as well so under a year. An accessory is something that comes in addition to something not pre installed from factory and part of the phone from day 1. These phones are also tested for like 300 thousand opens so this doesn't happen. This is definitely a manufacturer defect and should be fully covered under my care+ plan or otherwise what good is care+. If anyone has any suggestions or if someone at samsung sees this please contact me. Thank you
8 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

I was pretty sure that Samsung has a "no questions asked" ONE TIME replacement, for the screen protectors on the Flip / Fold devices.

You may want to check with them again.

Here's a link to what I'm referring to:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/z-screen-protector-promo/

It's the US site, but should be the same for Canada. 

erizzle22
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
Found this on the net, apparently a change in policy only in canada not the usa we Canadians do not get the first one replaced free of charge now and instead have to pay a crazy $70 for a screen protector 😳 man with inflation ect. we already pay 3x as much for most things now. $70 for a simple screen protector is just a kick in the Nards!Screenshot_20230530_184836_Samsung Internet.jpg
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

THAT, is TRULY DISGUSTING! 

Just based on population, it's likely costing Samsung TENS TIMES as much in the US, but Canada, clearly needs STRONGER Consumer Protection Laws! I'll bet that Samsung wouldn't try this nonsense in the EU either!! 😡 

Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, we are really sad to hear about whatever happened with the device.

Unfortunatley, we would like to inform you that the Screen protector repair/replacement is covered by Samsung's Limited Warranty policy.

The device must be under manufacturer's warranty period. No signs of impact damage on device. Then only Samsung can offer one timer warranty exception.

Thank you.

0 Likes
dmcannon99
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z

What a shame that Samsung sells a plan that does not cover this. I had no idea about this until he "free" replacement I got failed in TWO MONTHS. So, I get a free replacement of something that appears to be a known issue, it fails, and I am on the hook to replace it. Oddly, if the screen was damaged, that would be covered, but the item that COMES ON THE PHONE to protect that screen is not.

FWIW, the replacement was done by Best Buy, which offers a whopping 30 day warranty on their work (normally an $80 repair). When I found out I had to pay for it myself, U Break I Fix offered to do so for $60 - and THEIR warranty is for all of a week.

If this is how Samsung wants to behave, they should offer FREE removal of the defective protectors and it should not void any warranty or service plan. If they regard this as not covered, it must not be an integral part of the phones.

So much for being a loyal Samsung customer.

0 Likes
dmcannon99
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z

You can see my response to Hellena below - I fully agree with your assessment. This is NOT an accessory, as I understand removal voids the warranty, making the "accessory" argument silly.

This is a defect, and a known one. If a car manufacturer sold vehicles that consistently threw off their wheel covers, that would probably result in a recall and a correction for the defect. At the very least, Samsung should, FOR FREE, offer clean removal of the defective protectors, and not demand one be present.

erizzle22
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
0 Likes
Garebear
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Samsung will replace the screen protector once in the first year as long as there is no damage physical or water...I just sent mine off and it's good as new.
0 Likes