Original topic:

Secure Folder Back Up Not Available

(Topic created on: 09-27-2021 08:27 PM)
WallyWest
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Z
Hi, 
What happened to the ability to back up secure folder? I have Galaxy Z Flip 3, model number, SM-F711W, and I don't have the option to back up my secure folder. I am able to restore my back I made on my last phone, but now won't be able to make any new back ups, with my new phone. Has this option to back up, been removed? If so, why? Backing up is an important feature. See screenshot. Edited out my account email, for privacy reasons. 

5 Comments
Galaxy Z
I think Samsung removed the backup ability in Secure Folder from previous update. Maybe is related to discontinue on Samsung Cloud because Secure Folder Backup also is online storage. That's what I guess...

I think you may need to move all files out of Secure Folder, then backup to OneDrive now.
0 Likes
WallyWest
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
That's very odd, because I still have it available on my Note 10+. My Note firmware is also up to date. I hope this is just an over sight. And it gets added back.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, The backup feature of the secure folder is no longer available from Samsung mobile devices based on Android R OS released since 2021.

It is recommended to back up the necessary data using Smart Switch or the backup feature of each application.

0 Likes
WallyWest
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by back up with Smart Switch or back up feature in each app. Within the secure folder, I have Samsung Notes, documents in My Files, and pics on the Gallery. None of those apps have their own back up feature, within the app. The back up for each of those apps, was the back up feature for the secure folder itself. So if you say, secure folder back up is gone, then that means there is no reason to put Files and Documents in secure folder. That's the point of a secure folder. Putting sensitive documents in a safe and secure place. If you can't back that up, then it's not safe and secure. This definitely needs to be changed.
enb-ak
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Z

This is a terrible development, truly.  I've taken great comfort knowing my information is safe in my secure folder and that I could easily restore it to a new device or access it online if something happens to my phone.  

0 Likes